Advance Auto Parts

www.advanceautoparts.com
  www.advanceautoparts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Could be a much better company

Current Employee - Commercial Parts Pro in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Commercial Parts Pro in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great schedule, job security, great employee discounts, there are stores everywhere

Cons

Hard to advance with the company, merit increases in pay are a joke, company is ran by people who have no clue about the automotive industry and what it entails to run an automotive business.

I would recommend everyone in upper management actually work in a store for a full week. Experience what the teams have to go through with computer problems, poor cataloging, the cut in hours and the strain caused on the team.

735 Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Great place to work but the pay is lousy

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

Great co-workers and a good boss. My job is a little stressful at times but it does let up. Outdoor job (but get rained on some).

Cons

the pay is lousy. I understand the the paycheck it not the total compensation but now they are cutting the health insurance due to ObamaCare.

Find a way to continue to offer insurance.

I have worked at AAP for 6 years

Current Employee - Sales, Mvr, Key Holder
    Current Employee - Sales, Mvr, Key Holder

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Great flexibility on scheduling. They helped me get through college with very flexible scheduling. And now that I am "full-time" I enjoy it more.

- Decent hours.

- Daily tasks are quite simple and become very easy after a few reps.

- Good ground-level leadership.

- They give you the ability to serve commercial customers (and DIYers) by allowing TMs to special order ANYTHING from anywhere that is requested. (Heard of a commercial customer that forgot to buy his wife flowers and didn't have time to pick them up, so the store took care of it.) Customer satisfaction really does come first with this company.

Cons

- Poor pay. 6 years and I am still under $10/hr.

- I have spent all year pushing for a promotion of some kind, but its difficult with AAP.

- Management at the district level is below-average.

- Very poor computer system. Nothing but problems.

- Need a serious upgrade on the parts catalog.

Hire more from within. Too many GMs come in without any (and I mean ANY) knowledge of the automotive industry. While it isn't a requirement of a GM, they do need to know the basics of automobiles. Plus, when TMs surpass their goals by long-shots they need to be compensated. The goals are sort of difficult to achieve as-is and beating them means more than you know.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts