Advance Auto Parts

Store Manager with the company for over 20 years

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Store Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best reason to work for Advance is the people. The employees truly care about helping customers. Many of my employees have been with the company for over 10 years. They care about their jobs and want to provide excellent service.

Cons

The pay is very low at the management level. My income qualifies my children for state aid, and I've been with Advance for over 20 years.

Increase salaries for store managers. Hire more parts pros so that the managers don't need to work 65+hours a week on salary.

667 Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Mixed messages from top leadership down. Too many changes and not enough qualified people work there including district.

Former Employee - Upper Management  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Upper Management in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good environment. Some good people, very good products for sale.

Cons

Massive fluctuations in hours given to run stores, too much micro management and never able to keep good help due to low pay.

Hands off from store managers and see what is actually happening not just reading reports and making decisions.

Poor District Leadership

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Hendersonville, NC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Hendersonville, NC

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy Job, business pretty much runs itself if you have established commercial contacts. Great customers on the commercial side to do business with if you are a car guy.

Cons

Management wants you to stay under the radar and sweep problems under the rug rather than bring attention to them. Massive internal theft. Stores in my district ran 50-55K per year in theft and preventable losses without an eyelash batted by corporate. Company as a whole has no real direction on the retail side and does not know how to move forward to increase business and profits. Sort of floundering directionless in regards to retail sales at the moment and trying to bring metric based sales into the company.

Poor district leadership and a business as usual attitude is holding back the company. Massive preventable losses are being swept under the rug and woe to anyone who brings attention to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!