Advance Auto Parts

www.advanceautoparts.com

not a bad job to have in college.

Former Employee - Parts Delivery
Former Employee - Parts Delivery

Pros

good job, people and hours.

Cons

pay was really the only con

Other reviews for Advance Auto Parts

this company has a lot of room to grow, how ever the management can hold you back, it variate from location to location

Former Employee - Whole Sale Manager  in  Longmont, CO
    Former Employee - Whole Sale Manager in Longmont, CO

Pros

grate benefits, good admosphere, fast pase

Cons

some manager give no support to their people

Worst corporation I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

Pros

Discount on parts is sadly the only perk I can think of at all.

Cons

Embarrassingly low pay(less than fast food). When we are hiring and people inquire as to how much we pay, the general response is laughter. I am not sure if this is company wide but we are literally forced to hire people at a lower starting pay than McDonald's, even if the candidate is very qualified with multiple ASE certifications. Our workload has tripled over the last 18 months and our reward has been no raises for the last 2 years. Also our prices have sky rocketed and it's getting out of hand, local grocery stores are killing us on oil by over $1 a quart and our DL tried to say it was because of their buying power, sure Ingle's and Food Lion have more oil buying power than Advance Auto.

At the ridiculous rate you think you can pay people this company will fold within 10 years. People that have no clue about automotive repair can't sell parts, it's that simple. Basic math, if you drop pay by $1 an hour you "Save" $40 a week per employee right? WRONG! Because that person you just hired in at a bargain just lost you 1k in one day by not knowing jack about what they were selling. And that also goes for higher management, DL and up. If you want to "lead" a district of professional auto parts sales people, you might want to figure out what a brake rotor is or what a spark plug does.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!