There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

The work is fun and plentiful!

Current Employee - Sales in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Sales in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

My schedule needs to be flexible and they have no problem accommodating me. After 3 years on the job I find that it's still a very friendly, upbeat place to work, and surprisingly clean too for an auto parts store. The benefits are good and if you're willing to continue in your learning, promotions are waiting.

Cons

Some of the downsides are needing to work on the weekends ("blue law" anyone?) and some holidays. As a part timer, there is no overtime on holidays unless you've worked 40 hours that week. Any store manager worth his salt will make sure that doesn't happen, so don't look forward to overtime pay. Store managers and the assistant manager are expected to work 50 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the training opportunities. Encourage all store managers to be consistent in writing the weekly schedule. It's nice to know that ones schedule will pretty much be the same from week to week.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

high schoolers apply here, then go to college.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in East Windsor, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in East Windsor, NJ

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

It can be fun if you don't take it too seriously. You can potentially learn a lot about all different kinds of cars. If you're young apply for the normal sales job. It can be a lot of fun. Computer system is fool proof and checkouts are easy. The most work you would doing working at a store is unloading the truck with all the behind the counter parts and on the floor items once a week.

Cons

if you show any intelligence they will promote you and take advantage of you as much as they can. You'll soon be doing manager work for slave pay.

Advice to Management

Do not spread store staff thin and over work them. Hire competent district managers who actually know what to do in a situation.

A Highly Recommended Place To Work.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

They will set you up to achieve your maximum potential. There are plenty of chances to advance up the ladder. Every tool you will need will be given to you. Sometimes the company moves slow and you just have to be patient and wait it out.

Cons

Its hard work and like most retail the people you deal with can be jerks. But other then those things there is not a lot of negative.

Advice to Management

None. The members of senior management that I have been fortunate enough to meet, know way more about the company then I could ever imagine.