Advance Publications
www.advance.net Staten Island, NY 5000+ Employees

Good company. Iffy future.

I have been working at Advance Publications full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIndividual newspapers seem to be ran like independents (not owned by a huge corporation). Great Pay. Great Benefits. Love the people I work with. Very flexible. Lots of educational opportunities and training.

ConsNeed to get digital and in print in line, right now they are two separate companies, producing very similar products but competing. Future of print product is questionable. Advance is testing digital products in a few cities. Looks like most other products will be going in that direction.

Do Not Work Here

I have been working at Advance Publications

Pros: Low key atmosphere together with a small scale operation Cons: Company is a black hole where people go to end careers. Newspaper business is nto what it once was… More

Positive

I have been working at Advance Publications

Pros: If you work hard, if in the right place, and at the right… Cons: Competetion is fierce but if you're comfortable in that environment you will thrive. If not, it may not be a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Advance Publications.

Worked for Advance Publications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Publications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advance Publications CEO Donald E. Newhouse. All reviews posted anonymously by Advance Publications employees.