AdvancePierre Foods

www.advancepierre.com

Don't expect a life working here

Factory Worker (Former Employee) Lorain, OH

ProsThere really were none, except that you're pretty much hired on the spot I guess.

ConsThis is an absolute HORRIBLE place to work. I understand that people need money. I sure did, but after four days I had to quit the job because it was an absolute nightmare.

Let me start with your coworkers. They are an awful, uneducated bunch. The foreigners talk about you behind your back, some of them not knowing that I understood spanish. You are not respected. You are not treated as a human being. You are a machine with no feelings and no worth to those people, who give absolutey no cares in the world for you. There is no feeling of camaraderie, there is no unity, this job had the absolute most disjointed, soulless people I have ever worked with.

Now for the work. It is repetitive. It requires the braincells of an amoeba. Expect to stand for five hours straight doing the same thing on a fast moving assembly line that barely gives you the time to raise your arm much less put cheese on bread.

You want a life? Not here. Seven days a week with no days off, often times 9 hours a day.

Overtime? Nope. Oftentime your assembly line will be shut down early and you might have to go home several hours early. Sometimes you'll arrive at work only to find you are not needed and you're sent home off the bat. No calls. Nothing. Like I said, they don't care about you.

My advice? Get a better job. It's better to work at a grocery store than work at a place like this. I suppose if you really need the cash, this would be a good way to hold you afloat until you find a better job but by no means is this a good place to work. You have no life. No benefits. And you're treated like a dog. It's asinine and frankly disgusting, and working here only supports this company's disregard for their employees.

Best thing I ever did was walk off the assembly line and tell the manager I quit.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your workers like animals. Screen your employees so that they're not working alongside felons.

I never believed in the concept of hell, until I worked for Advance/ Pierre foods.

You Name It--I Did It! (Former Employee) Amherst, OH

I worked at AdvancePierre Foods full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: LOTS of work & overtime. If you really need some money, plenty of OT is available. Aside from the overtime, I truly cannot… Cons: Where do I start? I think that the sign above the front gate that says" Arbeit Macht Frei" should clue people in. Antiquated machinery that… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your workers like human beings NOT robots! Yeah, it's all about numbers, we get that. But--how are you going to "get your numbers"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Work like a robot.

Assembley Line (Current Employee) Claremont, NC

I have been working at AdvancePierre Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benifits nice frendly admosphere. Cons: Working 7 days a week 9 hours a day.Too many Cheifs and not enough indians.Hateful machine… Advice to Senior Management: My advive would be to listen to your employees.Get organized consider doing shift teams so people can have some days off.People need jobs but they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AdvancePierre Foods.

Worked for AdvancePierre Foods? Contribute to the Community!