Terrible Place to Work as a Home Based Sales Person

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advanced Career Tech

Pros

The only positive thing I can even remotely say about this faltering company is that you get to work from home as a sales representative. Other than that there are no other "pros" to add here.

Cons

Management is totally careless in how day to day policies are carried out. Since ACT is all about signing up professional job seekers to pay HUGE fees for online job search tools and the creation of half-baked resumes which are no more effective in the real world than normal resumes, you pay a LOT and get very very little in return. Management hires sales people by the dozens on 100% commission only and you are not reinbursed for your initial travel or training expenses until you hit baseline quota within the first 60 days ( which is all but impossible to do)...consequently they know that the mass majority of the sales reps hired will quit or never make goal at 60 days-- so ACT will never have any out of pocket training expenses. Overall this company is NOT a good place to work at or do business with. Buyer BEWARE!!! do lots of research before giving this company one dime of your money---my suggestion after having worked here and having listened to dozens of complaints from clients, never ever pay anyone or any firm to help you find a job and expecially not ACT.

If Management is going to hire so called "employees" then make sure each and everyone is immediately reimbursed for all travel expenses upon returning from training. These are other very shady policies in practice is why this company has to continually fight to save its repuation and change its name over the past several years.

Other Reviews for Advanced Career Tech

Out With The Old & In With The New Job Hunting Methods For 2012

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech

Pros

After working with the company for the last 5 months, I can honestly say that this is one of the best run organizations I have ever seen. It's a family run company that invests a large amount of money behind each and every one of their employees. One of the best things I've learned about the current job market is basically reinforcing Einsteins definition of insanity?

Basically, repeating the same actions and expecting different results. Keeping that in mind, now consider your current job search. The first thing you need to ask yourself is if your resume is getting any attention. If you've been sending out the same resume and it's been a month without any calls for interviews; then I'd say it's time to re-think your current strategy.

We've reached a point in the job market where old job hunting methods simply don't work! The market is saturated with millions and millions of electronically submitted resumes. The reverse chronological resume, highlighting your job title, objectives, previous experience and education. Blah, blah, blah.

First things first, develop a plan and implement a solution. Advanced Career Technology can help get you back in the game and effectively competing in today's job market. Period. They have some amazing information and technology that can dramatically speed your search. They also can supply you with the materials and support you need to stand out and achieve success. Don't blame the job market for a failed job search, blame outdated methods and materials. Take action that matters. You can thank me later.

Cons

Requires dedication and participation. You either do it, or don't. It's that simple.

Keep up the great work!

Fantastic Firm To Work For

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech

Pros

After years of working for Advanced Career Technologies, I can say that I've enjoyed my time a great deal. As a family run organization, management has a vested interest in ensuring the company's and its employees' success. A benefits package is offered to sales people, which is very nice. The potential for succeeding is great as the amount of leads is endless and just depends on how much effort and time the salesperson wishes to invest in closing a deal.

Cons

If you don't have talent as a salesperson or find that you need a great deal of direction initially then you may experience problems here as this is not the dynamic nor the nature of the company.

Keep up doing what you do!

There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Career Tech.

Worked for Advanced Career Tech? Contribute to the Community!