There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Medical Reviews

Okay place to work

Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time for more than a year

Pros

-You can work remotely if you perform well and move out of LA
-Lots of young/fun people
-Great area
-Work gets really easy over time

Cons

-Traffic is terrible if you don't live close
-High turnover rate of employees
-Management doesn't care about individuals due to everyone being replaceable

Listen to your employees more

15 Other Employee Reviews for Advanced Medical Reviews (View Most Recent)

Its okay, if you prefer dead end.

Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time for more than a year

Pros

-working remotely
    -great, fun , and young co-workers
    -nice locations
    -the work is easy

Cons

-poor management
    -almost impossible goals for promotion
    -low pay
    -employees are not respected by management
    -no monetary incentives
    -raises usually range from 30 to 60 cents per year
    -you are awarded mostly with breakfast
    -the work is easy, but not inspiring
    -no room for growth
    -management does not care about keeping you as an employee
    -very high turnover rate, management has said they are okay with this

Management does not care about advice.

Stay away... At all costs. Menial labor is more honorable and fulfilling than this.

Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Review Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Advanced Medical Reviews full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work is mind-numbingly boring and will not challenge you in any way intellectually. If you like repetitive, non-challenging work, this will be great.

I ended up working remote, and that at least got rid of the commute, which is convenient.

There are a few really nice people in this company.

Cons

First off, if you came to Glassdoor after seeing their job postings on Craigslist, you are a smart person. That being said I will get straight to it. there is very very high turnover for this company. I researched this before coming in and witnessed it when I was there. Why? They will tell you that there are many 20-somethings in their company that want to move on with their lives to do bigger things. This is a total euphemism. People leave because the company is not run well--simple as that.

The nature of the job is high stress and low compensation. You will constantly have to scramble for doctors on tight deadlines. When doctors are not available and you are in charge of the case, the blame goes on you. In addition, there is both a productivity and quality scoring system that you are worried about during all 8 hours of your shift. There is a paradox that occurs in this system--you must maintain good quality, but also need to push out as many reviews as possible. This is happening all in the midst of utter chaos in finding doctors to review the case on extremely tight deadlines.

You will also constantly get yelled at by both doctors and insurance companies for things outside of your control--a missed deadline due to the unavailability of a doctor, someone higher up who did not check your review, etc.

Lastly, the company culture is terribly apathetic and boring. When I was in the office, I found co-workers to hang in cliques, be uncooperative, and just plain boring. This is spurred by the management's lack of interest in its employees. We were just productivity and quality score numbers. Oh and one of the CEO's is always running, literally running, around the office like everything is an emergency.

But by far the worst part is that I have witnessed many unethical (and most likely illegal) practices. I have witnessed medical insurance companies attempting to intervene in an "unbiased" third-party review in order to get the outcome they want (denial of a case, so that they do not have to pay for treatment). The management was fully aware of this and intentionally catered to the insurance company on multiple occasions. This is highly unethical and immoral. I will definitely be whistleblowing this company.

I found myself going home every day thinking about how badly I felt working for an evil healthcare giant preying off of patient's misery in order to make money from insurance companies. This is the nature of this business and this company. I had depression when I worked here and needed treatment. If that doesn't deter you, than I don't know what will. I would have rather worked at a fast food chain, having done an honest day's work.

I would say: reorganize how the whole review process works; your competitors are better than you. Care about your employees more than money for once. Respect the people that are working for you. But, that being said, I don't think anything can save this company at this point. It will continue to be a multi-million dollar business that is sitting on its employee's backs and taking advantage of patients.

Your company is one of the reasons why the healthcare system in the U.S. is so wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Medical Reviews

Worked for Advanced Medical Reviews? Contribute to the Community!