Advanced Technology Services

www.advancedtech.com

Senior managers are more concerns with profit margins, not concerned with performance or customers!

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Searcy, AR
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Searcy, AR

Pros

Away from corporate politics
Decent pay
Competitive benefits
Support personnel are very helpful and willing

Cons

60 hour weeks are expected
Good ole boy system very present
Sales drives operations
Incompetent middle management
Unethical treatment of employees gets swept under the carpet

Really listen to your site managers. The survey a joke, site managers score it to improve their sites performance metrics. Pull site managers scores out of site score and have them viewed at VP level! Urgently needed!!!

Other reviews for Advanced Technology Services

Disorganized business that does not know how to treat employees.

Current Employee - Test Technician  in  Mossville, IL
    Current Employee - Test Technician in Mossville, IL

Pros

Good benefits, good starting wage only if you have a degree,and respectable with time off requests. They offer you good safety training before starting the job, but some of the training may not be relevant to the job you are doing.

Cons

My first week of on the job training consisted of sitting in a console room with someone who hated their job and really didn't care to go beyond training the basics.

My 6 month review was by a supervisor who I have never kept in contact with, but only a few times only to ask me what I was doing or why I wasn't doing something.

For my 1st year review I was reviewed by another manager to which I only met a few times with. During my review, I was told to do things to which I already have accomplished and also told to take training on things that I had gone to college for. The review was copy and paste from other employee reviews besides a few points.

When asking for a raise, I was told I could not get the raise because I had not been with the company for 18 months. Also, I was told that the standard is a 3% raise and I could not get any higher and that they would have to cut someone's raise to get me a higher percent.

Management is very disrespectful to their employees.

Do not expect to go into this company and prove that you can do the job. It is purely time based.

If you have two supervisors for 100+ employees and cannot keep up with knowing how your employees perform, then hire more supervisors. Stop putting off jobs on the operators and let them focus on the job at hand. It's already stressful enough with dealing directly with the customer.

I wasted 5-1/2 years of my life working for an employer who treats people like garbage and doesn't value their skills.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Pros

Their pay is comparable to other employers in the area offering same job title with same experience, the benefits were very good and kept getting better, occasionally they'll have fun parties for their employees

Cons

ATS is a contractor mostly used to get rid of union workers. ATS has little respect among existing workers at facilities which they contract for. They often hire one person to do the job of three. It is a highly political atmosphere. Many of its supervisors foster a hostile work environment designed to pit co-workers against each other. They reward those with great patronizing skills to find upward mobility, while holding back the workers that simply come in motivated and with a good attitude. Many managers are selected based upon their ability to brown-nose, not on their leadership skills. Watch out when ATS is at risk of losing a contract, because they will 'throw you under the bus' to protect their multi-million contract. Many ATS bosses are merely concerned about keeping their jobs, even if they have to step on everybody else to do it. Not family-friendly at all. They are known as 'the flexible work force' for a reason. They will come up to you and tell you that you need to completely change your work schedule in three days to fit their needs, regardless of your family commitments. If you can't comply, you may not have a job. Don't have spontaneous things happen in your life and expect them to graciously grant you the time off you need. For example, when I called my boss after my grandpa died, the first words out of my manager's mouth were "Well, ummm, I need to know when you'll be back to work!" After hassling me about it for several minutes, finally, "Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Make sure you bring in a copy of his obituary to prove that you needed the time off."

Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk. Treat your employees that help your business succeed with the respect they deserve. ATS has a great set of core values that aren't followed at its various sites. Get out and actually meet the workers who help you succeed. Don't just put on a 'dog and pony show'. They won't be honest with you if they fear recourse.

There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Technology Services.

Worked for Advanced Technology Services? Contribute to the Community!