Advanced Technology Services

www.advancedtech.com
  www.advancedtech.com
There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Technology Services

Traditional, conservative, grey corporate workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Advanced Technology Services

Pros

Good work/life balance, nice people
Opportunity to talk with senior management
Fast growing company
Good opportunities by getting in with the right people

Cons

Patriarchal culture, all managers and especially senior level are all men
Most people who work here are very conservative
Boring place to work

Value and develop talent better
Hire a woman in an important role for once
Respect your supporting team members a little more

68 Other Employee Reviews for Advanced Technology Services (View Most Recent)

Rewarding and Frustrating at the same time.

Current Employee - Senior Tech in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Tech in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Advanced Technology Services

Pros

ATS has one of the best schedules you will find. I only work 14 nights a month, but am paid like I work 40 a week. The knowledge base is excellent as well, team work is great, and we use some of the most advanced equipment around. Training is mandatory for advancement, and people are never afraid to share what they know and have learned.

Cons

Biggest con is being a contractor, thus we do not control parts or downtime to maintain equipment. We are however held to the same standards as when the contracts were signed, even if we are not allowed to work on the machines on weekends cause production needs to run. HUGE double standard in that as far as I am concerned.

Listen to your techs on the floor and trust in them. We know our jobs and we do them the best we can with what we have on hand at the time. Promote from with in as well. we have seen alot of new management faces come and go, but have not seen a one of our own get promoted. Yes, I may not have a BS degree, does that really mean I dont know how to run a floor? Each and every day and night we Techs run our floors as we see fit, often not involing our supervisor till mutliple machines are down or we need Specialist support. Biggest piece of advice. Trust us and we will make you look good. We have proven that time and time again.

Excellant. They really value employees and make us all feel special.

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician I in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician I in Peoria, IL

I worked at Advanced Technology Services

Pros

It is a very positive atmosphere. They are interested in advancing your career. The pay is very competitive and the benefits are good. I feel I am always included in everything that goes on.

Cons

After the big layoff, they are not doing all they can to get me back on board. I have done several interviews, but don't feel they were all fair because I did not know I was being considered for other positions at the time so I downplayed some talents.

Hire the employees that were layed off first before anyone else. The other employees will notice.
    Resist the urge to find new rock stars. Even long time off work people like myself still very much want to work for ATS again. One of the things I liked about ATS was that they would try hard to find another position for me if mine went away. In bad enocomic times it was understandable that this couldn't happen, but now things are improving. When this is done, all ATS employees will know that you will do your best to keep them and they will bend over backwards to do a great job for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Technology Services