Advanced Technology Services

www.advancedtech.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Technology Services

Traditional, conservative, grey corporate workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Advanced Technology Services

Pros

Good work/life balance, nice people
Opportunity to talk with senior management
Fast growing company
Good opportunities by getting in with the right people

Cons

Patriarchal culture, all managers and especially senior level are all men
Most people who work here are very conservative
Boring place to work

Value and develop talent better
Hire a woman in an important role for once
Respect your supporting team members a little more

78 Other Employee Reviews for Advanced Technology Services (View Most Recent)

I wasted 5-1/2 years of my life working for an employer who treats people like garbage and doesn't value their skills.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I worked at Advanced Technology Services

Pros

Their pay is comparable to other employers in the area offering same job title with same experience, the benefits were very good and kept getting better, occasionally they'll have fun parties for their employees

Cons

ATS is a contractor mostly used to get rid of union workers. ATS has little respect among existing workers at facilities which they contract for. They often hire one person to do the job of three. It is a highly political atmosphere. Many of its supervisors foster a hostile work environment designed to pit co-workers against each other. They reward those with great patronizing skills to find upward mobility, while holding back the workers that simply come in motivated and with a good attitude. Many managers are selected based upon their ability to brown-nose, not on their leadership skills. Watch out when ATS is at risk of losing a contract, because they will 'throw you under the bus' to protect their multi-million contract. Many ATS bosses are merely concerned about keeping their jobs, even if they have to step on everybody else to do it. Not family-friendly at all. They are known as 'the flexible work force' for a reason. They will come up to you and tell you that you need to completely change your work schedule in three days to fit their needs, regardless of your family commitments. If you can't comply, you may not have a job. Don't have spontaneous things happen in your life and expect them to graciously grant you the time off you need. For example, when I called my boss after my grandpa died, the first words out of my manager's mouth were "Well, ummm, I need to know when you'll be back to work!" After hassling me about it for several minutes, finally, "Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Make sure you bring in a copy of his obituary to prove that you needed the time off."

Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk. Treat your employees that help your business succeed with the respect they deserve. ATS has a great set of core values that aren't followed at its various sites. Get out and actually meet the workers who help you succeed. Don't just put on a 'dog and pony show'. They won't be honest with you if they fear recourse.

Excellant. They really value employees and make us all feel special.

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician I in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician I in Peoria, IL

I worked at Advanced Technology Services

Pros

It is a very positive atmosphere. They are interested in advancing your career. The pay is very competitive and the benefits are good. I feel I am always included in everything that goes on.

Cons

After the big layoff, they are not doing all they can to get me back on board. I have done several interviews, but don't feel they were all fair because I did not know I was being considered for other positions at the time so I downplayed some talents.

Hire the employees that were layed off first before anyone else. The other employees will notice.
    Resist the urge to find new rock stars. Even long time off work people like myself still very much want to work for ATS again. One of the things I liked about ATS was that they would try hard to find another position for me if mine went away. In bad enocomic times it was understandable that this couldn't happen, but now things are improving. When this is done, all ATS employees will know that you will do your best to keep them and they will bend over backwards to do a great job for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Technology Services