Advantage Resourcing

www.advantageresourcing.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Resourcing

I was placed at DexOne in Phoenix by Advantage in 2010 and was delighted to work for them as a temp for 5 months at $20

Former Contractor - Sales Assistant-Dex One in Phoenix, AZ
Former Contractor - Sales Assistant-Dex One in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Advantage Resourcing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Work duties were easily picked up because of my previous Admin/Customer Service experience at Qwest Communications.

Cons

At DEXONE the office was very competitive and the initial training was done by manager Jeremy Packer at DexOne while subsequent training was shared from my peers. All of my co-workers had family refer them to the position, so advancement was rather difficult for me to attain.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Recruiter

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Advantage Resourcing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary was on par with industry average.

Cons

Running as lean as they can. Office had a budget headcount for 2 recruiters, I was there 9 months alone - Branch Manager was absentee - showed up maybe 6-8 days a month.

Could not even get an admin to assist with filing and data entry, was expected to do 5 interviews per day and all of the associated background, verifications and data entry; while still making 75 sales contacts per week and filling an average of 8-12 job orders per week.

As I asked for help, it was promised, but never delivered. When I started to fall behind on admin work, I was counseled. I again asked for help, asked if I could talk to/train with another recruiter who was meeting these expectations and told no one was - the metrics were set KNOWING that they were unattainable.

Advice to Management

Lose the 'Burn them Out" attitude and culture. It's clear to employees after a couple of months that there is no meeting the metrics, and that they were set to be able to push employees, while reserving the right to terminate for not meeting them.

Set realistic operational goals, and staff branch offices accordingly. If an office is only one person, acting as receptionist, recruiter and sales, don't expect all three jobs to be done 100% every week. Any person putting out 2-300% is only going to last so long...

2. Advantage Staffing kept me working.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Advantage Resourcing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During my time at Advantage, I had few lapses in employment, and was often offered a couple jobs to choose from when it was time for a new assignment.

Cons

There were no cons in my case.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.