nothing is impossible

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Mumbai (India)
Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like market and it is my passion

Cons

Market have too much down sideand also upperside

Advice to Management

Do needfull things

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If You Don't Care About Work/Life Balance This Job Is For You!

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great flexibility with hours
    - The pay for DSMs is fairly nice. Should be higher based on similar jobs.
    - The vacation time is okay. 2 weeks. 1 week vacation time and about 1 week worth of "holiday" pay. There are sick days as well.
    - Visiting stores and seeing the employees can be very fun and rewarding.
    - This job has the potential to be an amazingly fun job. Sometimes it really is! Being out in the market is the best. Having to do all the paperwork and reports that are requested sucks.

Cons

- Pretty much have to work on "days off".
    - Support staff in California doesn't work on weekends when everyone else does.
    - The Talent Acquisition team who is supposed to hire for us sucks so we have to do it ourselves. Cut them loose and pay your CSs more money. They are doing the hiring anyway.
    - The hiring process for an ES takes WAY too long. This is a part time position handing out samples and selling product. Background checks and drug screens shouldn't take 2 weeks and really are unnecessary.
    - Last minute addition to demos is ridiculous especially when you expect 100% execution. Establish a cut off day that no more demos can be added. I know Event Shoppers makes bonuses based on event count but come on.
    - The Club Supervisors need more money. The salary is way too low for what is expected.
    - ESs should be getting raises also. 3 years with no raise is unacceptable.
    - Managers being forced to do demos is not smart. How can we run our districts or stores if we have to be on the floor selling product? Plus it takes money away from an ES. And they could really use the work.
    - The ethics department is UNREAL. IF someone calls on you you are guilty until proven innocent. Very sad. Having to defend yourself against lies because an employee doesn't like you isn't right. I understand that there are issues out there that are very important but come on some of these calls are laughable at best.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Upper management has no clue what it is like down here at our level. The "just get it done or else" attitude doesn't work and forces your people to lie about execution which is easy for those that don't mind being dishonest. Makes us honest DSMs and CSs just look bad because our execution may only be 98% instead of 100%.

2. Easiest and most fun job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Lead Event Specialist
    Current Employee - Lead Event Specialist

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Networking with the community. Showing off new products and cooking. Customers are happy to see you in the store. Pay for the work is good.

Cons

Getting worn out equipment replaced is very hard. General Merchandise events could use more pizzaz to get customer attention. Need an easier online access to personal information such as check stubs and w4 information. More feedback from management regarding personal performance would benefit the employees.

Advice to Management

Please let your management know that it is imperative to approve equipment replacement faster than the current process.