Advantage Sales and Marketing

www.asmnet.com
  www.asmnet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Growing company with a lot of opportunities

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities, you just have to raise your hand and show you are willing to do the job. The company has offices all over the country and are more than willing to relocate anyone who wants to move.

Cons

Even if the company hits their numbers, they find a reason to not pay bonuses. They preach an Entrepreneur focus but do not let new ideas become reality.

Take better care of your employees financially and turnover will go down drastically

784 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

No Time to Find Another Job

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cell phone...I can't get away from.
    Laptop...I can't get away from.
    Vacation Time...I don't have time to take.
    It has been a great way to lose touch with all my family and friends.
    Unbelievable "Work/More Work/NO Life Balance"

Cons

Expected to be at the 24/7 beck and call of my Associates, the two managers above me, and the entire ASM organization in California from housekeeping to CEO. How dare I take a day for myself. If my two managers need a response from their microscopic review of numbers, I'd better have my pizza delivery hat on because they want an answer in 30 minutes or less. If Human Resources sandbags a problem for 2 years and then suddenly has a question for me on my so-called day off, watch out Chicken Little 'cause the sky is falling if I don't contact the Little Princess ASAP.

Senior Management talks a good game at meetings, try putting something in writing and sticking with it, not just that garbage that Sonny has in our ever-changing policy manual. Give us low-level managers something we can count on besides false hopes and lies. If something is to be implemented and it isn't, have the guts to tell us! I am long past the point of relaying anything to my ESs, Leads, and CSs until it is in full operation. You don't have to look my associates in the eye when your grand ideas fall apart after you have told us to spread the news. One last thing, try standing up to HR/Legal every so often, you might find that you have the nerve to actually manage this company!

Mid level Management organization support to their teams in larger territories needs change.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. Awesome company culture and beliefs. Love and believe their Mission statement.
    2. Lots of categorical opportunities available to work for this company.
    3. Mileage and/or drive time pay back, extremely better than other competitive industries.
    4. Paid for your administrative time after collecting information on-site.
    5. Love the website. You will stay well-informed on what is happening in the company.
    6. Do pay for out of pocket expense with printing and paper used for call reports. (slow, and have to be persistent with request...but they do pay)
    7. It appears that they do really care about their associates.
    8. Under new Presidential and vice presidential leadership. I read their goals and believe that there are some positive changes they want to make and continue to grow ASM.
    9. Love the training videos!!!!
    10. Interpersonal message from Tonya Dormier. She seems to care. I like her presence and experience.
    11. If you are short of work hours for that week and the following, you can pull opportunities from your schedule tab as long as there are opportunities
    12. I love the trust of managing my own assignments.
    13. Great “Starter Job” if you are returning to work, with some retail, auditing, computer, math and/or some college background experience or if you want a little extra pocket change.

I know they are on the right track and have met one person who took over one of the territories I was temporarily covering, who had been with ASM for over 4 years part-time as a student and had an amiable personality.

Cons

Cons:

1. Mission and Vision statement needs to trickle down and be cohesive with management.
    2. Response time to Human Resource recruiter calls for upgrade/promotion.

I had the opportunity to move to a full time rep position after 2 ½ months part-time with ASM, and was held back based on slow communication from my district manager. I wanted to work and needed the full-time job with possible benefits and potential management advancement; to take care of myself. I need the stability of funds and a future.

3. Low start pay vs experience.
    4. Advancement slow
    5. Territorial Group incentives and motivations?
    6. After 3 months and receiving emails from other managers, I have problems deciphering who exactly is my immediate boss. (?) I receive faster feedback from upper than I do with immediate.
    7. Scheduling. I thought my immediate manager scheduled my jobs. Then 4 months later, I find out that he knows nothing about what I do. (?) What is wrong with this picture? Weekly or bi-weekly meetings would help to know where we all are as a team. (Don’t you think?)
    8. Hours are sporadic. So, be sure to look for opportunities in your scheduler and be quick about accepting. This is Retail. I’ve been in the (retail) business since 1980.
    9. Just when you think you have enough hours to make money, an email will come to let you know your hours have reduced drastically. (Pro) But that’s okay; you can pull opportunities from your schedule tab as long as there are opportunities available.
    10. No Meetings
    11. Who are my co-workers? We should at least, have a team meet or even a team social page.
    12. Who are my immediate team supports? I've never been introduced to them. We should be introduced to these people at least once by email.

Sometimes company can have the right idea and grow way too fast but do not have the right teams to continue on track...

Make sure that you have the right amount of management per staff to handle a territory. I think in kindergarten and daycare terms. The territories may need to be split so that managers are able to communicate with their staff. Each district or territory manager needs an assistant and possibly a mentor underneath them to work on their behalf.

I am a young ½ centurion. I hope and want to stay with this company for the next 1/2 century of my life. ASM has been and continues to incorporate ideas not only from above and from their grade card. We should - as part of ASM – feel free to give uniformly acceptable evaluations to assist our company.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing