Advantage Sales and Marketing

www.asmnet.com
  www.asmnet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

review of business development sales manager position

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

decent salary, good benefits, that is about all

Cons

overworked, company does not care about employees, they care about their clients

back your people

797 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

hot mess

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Jacksonville, AL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Jacksonville, AL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There was not any pros to the position I had other than the Super Fridge girls( who are actually seperate from ASM) were really sweet and willing to work with you and the stores.

Cons

Offered full-time for some teams and after we all fought for the postions, the ones that got it were later dropped down to part-time again without benefits and without notice.
    Liked to change our teams because of the company expenses... said they were paying us too much to do our route... dropping some of us down to only one or two stores. The drive to the store was actually longer than the job I had to do at the store.
    No communication except the associate website that really doesnt apply to you.

If you want to roll with the big dogs... other larger corp that you have as customers and have your associate call upon their stores... treat your associate with respect. They are human, they have bills, families, and everything else you do. Make more full time positions and benefits and get an outstanding reputation like these other large corp. When people drop like flies because you do not treat them well, other companies view that negativly. So don't wonder why so many teams get kicked out of a lot of stores. Theres an issue that you choose to ignore.

Once a great job........

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser/Peer Trainer in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser/Peer Trainer in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting Clients with great products. Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management). Flexible work environment.

Cons

•once a great company to work for before getting so big. The bigger the company grew during the last 25 years the more impersonal and greedy they became.

•legitimate profits not enough for those at the top...they feel it necessary to also make money off the backs of employees by cutting benefits (car program for example) and giving either no raises to already underpaid employees or raises so low that after taxes paychecks are actually lower than before.

•job expectations grow…stress grows...no one cares. Every level of employee is just trying to survive. Results from good intentions from management rarely are permanent.

Wake up and stop stepping on good employees with your greed. Reverse policy that says if you leave the company for any reason the company gets to take any spiff or bonus money you earned while employed (and is already paid by the client). I cant help but wonder who pocketed the $2000 I had coming when I retired.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing