There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

THE Company to Work For in the CPG Industry

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate  in  Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the pros to working at ASM are the endless possibilities. There is so much opportunity for growth within this company, and there are no limitations as to where your career can go. We not only offer positions in Sales and Marketing, our company spans to legal, technical, human resources, and more. At advantage you are encouraged to pave your own path and find the position that is best for you.

Cons

One con to working at Advantage is the transitioning from one role to another. This is something I struggled with, once I received a new position. I had a hard time taking on new work, while balancing training the new hire to take on my old role.

Some advice I may have for upper management is to come up with a path for people to rise in this company that may have been here ten, twenty years. There are many opportunities for young people, however those who are more experienced and have been here the longest somehow stay in the position they currently have. So that is my advice, along with giving everyone a slight pay increase.

721 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

The ACE Program

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate  in  Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Bentonville, AR

Pros

The ACE program gives new hires a chance to get real world CPG industry experiece, while in paid training. You get to work with other ACE candidates all over the nation to complete projects that give you a better understanding of what the company does. They provide you with all the resources you need to help advance your career. While in training, you get to see almost every aspect of the company, and they give you the opportunity to switch your role at almost any time!

Cons

This is a very fast paced company. There are no future plans set in stone, so there are many last minute changes. You almost always have to be available through email.

Give more credit/attention to the front line employees that work in the clubs and stores. They are key to driving sales for our clients' products, and sales figures are the best way to pull new clients.

A great introduction to the CPG industry

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate

Pros

The ACE leadership development program is a great career launching pad for recent college graduates. Whether you aspire to go into Marketing, Sales, HR, Category Mgt or have no clue what direction you would like to go in, you will definately gain an abundace of inside knowlege about the CPG industry. In the retail sales program you get to experience life working in the field as a retail merchandiser as well as a taste of what it will be like when you transition out of the program into a permanent role within the company through shadowing your assigned coach. Working in the field will be extremely helpful as you advance within your career as you will be able to learn different ways brands drive customer sales at the store level as well as how they use food brokers such as ASM to do so.

Cons

Retail days can be mentally and physically exhausting at times.
    Position includes a lot of driving.

Continue to invest in training and developing new talent.
    Create more programs to help recognize and motivate employees in the field.
    Ensure that there are enough positions available for associates to transition into at the end of their program.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!