THE Company to Work For in the CPG Industry

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros to working at ASM are the endless possibilities. There is so much opportunity for growth within this company, and there are no limitations as to where your career can go. We not only offer positions in Sales and Marketing, our company spans to legal, technical, human resources, and more. At advantage you are encouraged to pave your own path and find the position that is best for you.

Cons

One con to working at Advantage is the transitioning from one role to another. This is something I struggled with, once I received a new position. I had a hard time taking on new work, while balancing training the new hire to take on my old role.

Advice to Management

Some advice I may have for upper management is to come up with a path for people to rise in this company that may have been here ten, twenty years. There are many opportunities for young people, however those who are more experienced and have been here the longest somehow stay in the position they currently have. So that is my advice, along with giving everyone a slight pay increase.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

1. ACE program for post graduates is a once in a lifetime opportunity

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ACE program is the perfect way to gain experience working in the CPG industry. The position involves work in all aspects of the business - from retail to sales call meetings. It is a wonderful way to get an overview of the company as a whole. Meeting with top level executives gives you the opportunity to get your name out there. It is evident how important the top level executives see us post graduates as.

Cons

The job description for the ACE program is not thoroughly explained. You are left guessing as to what the job truly consists of.

Advice to Management

Focus more on lower level employees. They are an important asset to the company, but not looked after as much as the top level employees.

2. A great introduction to the CPG industry

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate

Pros

The ACE leadership development program is a great career launching pad for recent college graduates. Whether you aspire to go into Marketing, Sales, HR, Category Mgt or have no clue what direction you would like to go in, you will definately gain an abundace of inside knowlege about the CPG industry. In the retail sales program you get to experience life working in the field as a retail merchandiser as well as a taste of what it will be like when you transition out of the program into a permanent role within the company through shadowing your assigned coach. Working in the field will be extremely helpful as you advance within your career as you will be able to learn different ways brands drive customer sales at the store level as well as how they use food brokers such as ASM to do so.

Cons

Retail days can be mentally and physically exhausting at times. Position includes a lot of driving.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in training and developing new talent. Create more programs to help recognize and motivate employees in the field. Ensure that there are enough positions available for associates to transition into at the end of their program.