THE Company to Work For in the CPG Industry

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros to working at ASM are the endless possibilities. There is so much opportunity for growth within this company, and there are no limitations as to where your career can go. We not only offer positions in Sales and Marketing, our company spans to legal, technical, human resources, and more. At advantage you are encouraged to pave your own path and find the position that is best for you.

Cons

One con to working at Advantage is the transitioning from one role to another. This is something I struggled with, once I received a new position. I had a hard time taking on new work, while balancing training the new hire to take on my old role.

Advice to Management

Some advice I may have for upper management is to come up with a path for people to rise in this company that may have been here ten, twenty years. There are many opportunities for young people, however those who are more experienced and have been here the longest somehow stay in the position they currently have. So that is my advice, along with giving everyone a slight pay increase.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ACE program for post graduates is a once in a lifetime opportunity

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ACE program is the perfect way to gain experience working in the CPG industry. The position involves work in all aspects of the business - from retail to sales call meetings. It is a wonderful way to get an overview of the company as a whole. Meeting with top level executives gives you the opportunity to get your name out there. It is evident how important the top level executives see us post graduates as.

Cons

The job description for the ACE program is not thoroughly explained. You are left guessing as to what the job truly consists of.

Advice to Management

Focus more on lower level employees. They are an important asset to the company, but not looked after as much as the top level employees.

2. ASM provides a great environment to work, and a great place to grow a career.

Current Employee - LDA
    Current Employee - LDA

Pros

ASM offered flexible schedules for working parents and students. Management communicates a clear vision for the future of both the company and the industry. Growth is evident, as can be seen in the rapid expansion of ACE (career development program) and consistent opportunities available in the job postings.

Cons

The general public may find it hard to understand this business, and ASM may find it difficult to attract new talent to the industry. With ASM's ACE program, the company is growing its base of young talent, which is a great start to addressing this potential issue.

Advice to Management

Through my time at ASM, I have noticed plenty of unused talent. Tapping into this talent along with bringing in new talent through ACE will be key to sustained growth.