There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Amazing company to work for

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time

Pros

If you work hard, you will be rewarded here. There are a ton of opportunities for growth and to move up within the company. ASM genuinely values its employees.

Cons

Some work has time constraints, therefore it may be necessary to work longer than the typical 40 hour week.

Advice to Management

Continue your investment in ASM associates, especially in the LDAs.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

1. The ACE Program

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ACE program gives new hires a chance to get real world CPG industry experiece, while in paid training. You get to work with other ACE candidates all over the nation to complete projects that give you a better understanding of what the company does. They provide you with all the resources you need to help advance your career. While in training, you get to see almost every aspect of the company, and they give you the opportunity to switch your role at almost any time!

Cons

This is a very fast paced company. There are no future plans set in stone, so there are many last minute changes. You almost always have to be available through email.

Advice to Management

Give more credit/attention to the front line employees that work in the clubs and stores. They are key to driving sales for our clients' products, and sales figures are the best way to pull new clients.

2. THE Company to Work For in the CPG Industry

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Some of the pros to working at ASM are the endless possibilities. There is so much opportunity for growth within this company, and there are no limitations as to where your career can go. We not only offer positions in Sales and Marketing, our company spans to legal, technical, human resources, and more. At advantage you are encouraged to pave your own path and find the position that is best for you.

Cons

One con to working at Advantage is the transitioning from one role to another. This is something I struggled with, once I received a new position. I had a hard time taking on new work, while balancing training the new hire to take on my old role.

Advice to Management

Some advice I may have for upper management is to come up with a path for people to rise in this company that may have been here ten, twenty years. There are many opportunities for young people, however those who are more experienced and have been here the longest somehow stay in the position they currently have. So that is my advice, along with giving everyone a slight pay increase.