Advantage Sales and Marketing

www.asmnet.com

Management completely disconnected

Pros

Benefits
Freedom
Some control over schedule
Large company so you can move around, if you choose to stay.

Cons

Overworked
Underpaid
Under appreciated
Old boy mentality
Poor communication
Lack of training.

Management should work with their team in correcting issues with upper management. Complete disconnect. Training needs a overhaul. Take time with your people vs. crossing fingers for their success

Other reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

LDA Program Review

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate

Pros

Big Company - lots of room to move arround if you'd like (although it often helps to know the right people). The program also gives you lots of cross-training and access to company leadership.

CAUTION: Beware of these LDA reviews - the company required us to review the program on here....!

Cons

Program pretty much forces you to relocate anywhere in the US - with no promise of a full-time job after the program is over. You get a small relocation stipend and a fairly low pay to start. They also don't fully tell you what you'll be expected to do as part of the program. This results in a pretty high turnover rate. I literally spent 3 days a week for almost a year crawling on a grocery store floors to rotate products. I'd be more likely to recommend the company overall then the LDA program. It was a rough year for me to get through, and although I got a job in the end, I'm not sure I'd go through the process again.

Make sure you tell employees exactly what they're getting themselves into. I think many of them come on with unrealistic expectations which results in high turnover.

O.K.- Communication break down

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser

Pros

Flexible and interesting work. Do not do the same thing day in and day out. Meet different customers.

Cons

They have you get a store stamp & management signature on every call. Sometimes I spend more time standing in line to get a store stamp than actually doing the project. I am getting paid, but too much time gets wasted looking for managers to sign etc. No printing reimbursement.

Look at your pool of merchandisers and figure out where there talent would work best. Pay the ones with more experience better.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!