Advantage Sales and Marketing

jobs.asmnet.com

Acme Market Good things in Store Food Demo person.

Food Demo (Current Employee)

ProsIt a great job $10 a hour. Meet new people work with new Acme employees at different stores. I go to the locker take out the stuff I need to preform that days demo, I get a demo box with the supplies and ads and coupons and directions in it. I buy any needed stuff on my card and the card has a limited amount of money on it. I set up table. I take three pictures 1 of my table set up1 one me and table 1 of me and customer. I count how many samples I give out. I am true full what I say about the product and I try to do a low key sale and I record what I sell. I take down my table , wash anything that needs it put everything back in my cabinet. I throw out extra food and demo supplies only keep a tiny bit in cabinet in case I don't get a demo box. After I go home record my hours working and my break time. If I traveled far add mileage . Answer the question on my computer that include how much I spent on my card, how many samples I gave out and how many products I sold. Takes around 20 minutes.

ConsThey need to do better in proof reading the demo instructions and make changes fast on mistakes. Sometimes the changes are a day before. In replacing storage cabinets fast when broken and getting replacement small appliances fast and I still do not have a name tag and I lost mine summer of August 2012. They need to find more jobs in the slower months summer really hurting sometimes we have 0 to only 1 job a month in the summer and slow periods and I tried having a second job it sometimes has schedule conflicts because for this job you need Monday, Thursday, Fridays Saturdays and Sundays available. Most of the time you can get a hold of support when you manager or supervisor is not available . I few times I called support and I could not get a hold of them to much volume and I had to buy stuff for my demo. I made the demos work but it was hard when you are short supplies.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are a great company , and you try to improve all the time. Can you try to get a better system for food demo people to buy things they need like small appliances and kitchen utensils. It is very hard to get stuff replaced like a storage cabinet that is falling apart still not replaced and a name tag that was lost in August 2011 and I keep asking for it and still no name tag. What to do when a demo person cannot get a supervisor or support on the cell phone and they need stuff or need to solve a problem for there demo.

There are newer reviews on Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!