I have worked for the company for almost 3 years

Current Employee - Event Specialist
Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

competitive part-time pay, very team oriented, excellent club supervisor

Cons

the downsides would include the absence of upper management, no raises annually or quarterly, upper management does not pay attention to numbers of employees to assign demos accordingly.

Advice to Management

I would recommend performing quarterly performance reviews on all of the employees, and proceed to reward or discipline accordingly.

reviews filtered by

Going Noy

Current Employee - RSM in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - RSM in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job, that I thought might be good!

Cons

They have decided to make employees drive an hour travel each way without pay, instead of a half hour. So they expect you to give them 4 or 5 hours of time free. They also have decided that instead of paying you after your first 20 miles, you don't need to get paid until 40 miles each way. So each employee that has a large territory will get reimbursed about 300.00 less each month and work 20 hours for free. They also think it is wonderful we can become shelf stockers at Walmart. If I wanted to stock shelves at Walmart I would work there.

Advice to Management

Hope your profits make up for the bad attitude you give every employee who can't afford to quit.

Cult-minded Management

Current Employee - Direct Retail Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Direct Retail Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Full-time work offers benefits, but expensive ones.
    Friendly and professional coworkers, solo work.
    Merit raises (3% max).

Cons

Benefits and full-time hours available based on a corporate office business calculation, or the client's allowance, depending on who you ask.
    Grossly underpaid to the point of an unlivable wage. Work demands exponentially increase. Performance measure constantly shifts to new markers, so achievement very difficult.
    No raises or cost of living adjustments, but merit pay of up to 3% if you 'try' hard enough (no one ever defines this). Very few praises of any kind for excellent work.
    Mileage compensation is $0.16 below IRS standard. No reimbursement for gas or wear and tear (tires, oil changes, etc.). Requires you to provide full coverage insurance for work (if your personal carrier finds out, they WILL drop you).
    No respect shown to employees at all. Team conference calls used to imply and intimidate high performers into ‘admitting’ their reporting is a lie (and some do lie, but most make 'mistakes' although the wrong info received was never on the part of the info provider). Have been emailed about 'corrections' to my reporting on jobs deliberately undone by store personnel (photograph and signature records mean nothing).
    Employee 'anonymous surveys' tied to in house assigned email address. How anonymous is that?

Advice to Management

Properly train supervisors and middle managers. Be consistent and professional in behavior and action, please. Honor promises to train for advancement, especially when almost inhuman performance is given on the promise. Remediation for the proven actions of others one does not supervise is worse than demeaning or unprofessional.
    Provide real persons for contact by employees and an actual feedback process for unprofessional behavior. Compensate for actual miles driven *and* actual time, without threatening people over not defaulting to an estimate based upon roads that do not exist. Cost of living adjustments are necessary, and should be allowed. Raises above and beyond that are needed for good workers. Advantage is losing high performers and highly competent employees to competitors who pay real wages.
    Do not threaten to fire if an employee disagrees with a review; allow employees to speak their peace. A proper review and respect go a long way. And please be more proficient and responsive to our surveys. Sometimes the questions are badly written, especially when an entire team points it out. Do not expect people to change responses claiming 'this is how the question is written, this is how you respond (not kidding here). We care enough to send them in praise, warts, and all.