Advantage Sales and Marketing

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Both caring and business like

Current Employee - Acme Stores Food Demo Worker in Sicklerville, NJ
Current Employee - Acme Stores Food Demo Worker in Sicklerville, NJ

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice bosses, great working conditions most of the time, I now work by myself never in teams(some people do work with other food demo people), I like meeting new Acme employees from the different stores, I enjoy being honest to everyone, Bosses, Acme , and customers. I like it that it is sales but low key sales. I like that most of everything you need is on the computer. I like the field support hotline(they change the number recently and forgot to email my the new one)

Cons

Communication well they are ok at it but hard to sometimes get bosses on the phone or txt on demo day because of all there job work,( I only try this for pictures or for emergencies). I sometimes find mistakes on the demo papers before the demo had a very very hard time getting it fixed in time for demo(they might have proof reader for these important papers or they might not have them) they usual have fixed it by Friday hard on the people who had the demo Thursday, Travel they now make it for your 25 cents gas its either 60 minutes or 60 miles away from home. I work in a less popular food market in Southern NJ and one time they put me on Penn. market without asking my first , I only stay in Southern NJ. Sometimes they want me to work far away Boardentown or Yardsville , or Pennsgrove, 1 time I volunteered for Boardentown ,I thought for 3 jobs they up it to six, and 1 of the times coming home from Boardentown on Sunset Road going onto 295 , three trucks had a Yields sign they where coming off Exit 7 of I -95 (there truck stop is on Sunset Road) They must have wanted to go there bad NONE of them Stopped and they knew I was coming was non stop horn and I did slow down , good thing the motorcycle behind them stopped. ( After that I wrote down no more Boardentown store on a email and they still tried to schedule me there after almost getting killed coming home.) The reason why I am excepting a job with a revival Marketing and sales company, is that during my 1 year there both summers had 0-1 demo a month, cannot pay the bills that way. I tried a second job but hard to schedule hours ASM wanted me , Monday, Thursday, Friday , Saturday and Sunday in a minute notice to work a demo. They wanted to add Wednesday to be available but I put my foot down and told the truth , I needed Tuesday and Wednesday for doctors appointments. Hard to get supplies for the demos ok if spoons can openers or something in the store I demo at if trash cans or microwaves a lot of red tape. Hard to get new work cabinet when falling apart and a safety risk. After 1 year with no name tag and begging for 1 they are sending it. Even with all these flaws they are a great company to work for. I did get trained for my job but I think 15 minutes on my first day was a little fast but still had fun and enjoyed my first day. All companies have there problems everyone is human and makes mistakes

Even with there flaws you are a great company to work for. I think Food Demo Workers might need better training if the managers cannot do it just have a experience food demo person do it for 1 or more demos. I am glad you added more workers to the field hotline support when you added more different stores and clients. I like that must manager don't yell or word there txt nasty when we are human and make mistakes they just tell you how to do it correctly. Try to fix demo papers a few days faster. To get food stores that are slow in summer demos just switch it around demos on the weekdays and maybe weekend off. For stores near the beaches and shores of a state just keep it as is weekends. I like it I can email great ideas to my bosses and they keep the good ones and just get rid of bad ideas. I like that when I go the extra mile they say thank you. They do pay for administration time for the extra stuff I
 do for them. I try to buy as little of the demo product as I can we have to throw out all food and demo items napkins, plates soufflé cups sporks, forks , spoons demo ads. We do keep extra stuff in cabinet just in case the demo box is missing. To bad taking home any napkins or cups or spoons is considered stealing ,I did that for a short time did not know it was wrong. ( it was getting thrown out anyway)Just wish they was less waste at the end of demo. Over all good company they also have a new addition Advantage Wayside I think its called it has to do with Restaurants and Marketing them food products funny I have a degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management , but I am staying a food demo worker. I found my niche in life!!! Thank you ASM for hiring for my smile and positive attitude for the Best Job I ever had, one of the Greatest Years I ever had with any job!!!! I will miss working for you so very much!!!!

797 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

Poor Management

Current Employee - RSM in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - RSM in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The job and client I represented were great.

Cons

The supervisor micro managed therefore unable to full fill job expectations. He wrote me up with false accusations. He would do work with's and would pull, build and move other displays put product in a cart and leave for the store. He numerous times got us introuble with mgmt and almost kicked out of stores. The company backed him and up and refused to to listen or cease his work practices.

Just a job not a career

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the freedom of running my own territory and the day to day operations involved with that.

Cons

I was accused of misuse of company property the allegations were total false. After I was accused I started looking for another job ASAP and was very lucky I had other employment within a month.

Company pays managers subpar compensation. Hence mangers are not very professional and do not know how to manage there teams and the employee on there teams very well.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing