Advantage Sales and Marketing

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Company is growing quickly

Current Employee - Field Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Field Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is growing quickly and has a fast pace in the retail environment. Opportunity is there but is limited in certain areas

Cons

No autonomy in field. Company has placed to much administrative processes on field management. Field managers can easily get bogged down with being a helpdesk and not focus on the responsibilities of the business and client needs

The corporate politics is out of control. Too many deals being made without out prior planning and forecasting. Field cannot deliever execution results being promised.

864 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

Keep looking but a good place to start

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, pros depend mostly on your supervisor and client.

Cons

Poor benefits, shrinking pay, no advancement.

Communicate with your employees and help them advance their career. Although they say that they promote from within, they do not. Also if your supervisor or upper management starts to take other jobs then you should look too. Especially if they are taking lateral moves or to other companies. Each time a superviser left, I've been laid off. This company has more full time positions tham most but has no problem cutting your job to VERY part time or laying you off even 6 months after you start. They will not advance you. Managers come from outside or are part of the good ol boys club. I have worked for them for 8 years and have always been the top person on the best teams, but I can't get them to consider me for a supervisor's job. My last superbvisor said that I "wasn't ready" despite being better educated and more qualified than he was. I came to this company with supervisor experience and they have always asked me to train new employees. Zero feedback as to why he thought that I wasn't ready. I was also told when cut to part time that our supervisors would help us get any full time job within the company... not the case. Mileage is not paid except after driving 80miles per day. Health benefits are expensive and weak. Most individual experiences will depend on the client's wishes and especially your supervisor. Some clients offer incentives and bonuses while others do not offer so much as a free sample. This may be a good way to put sales on your resume but not much else. You will be required to store tons of display and ads as well as pack them in your car with you. I receive 2 boxes per day. I did not receive near as much on other teams. This makes it difficult to use your car for personal use and is hard to store if you live in a smaller home. Get to know your co-workers as they are your lifeline. They will give you tips for doing your job and will help your stress level tremendously. A much better resource than your supervisor.

Demos are a lot of fun!

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Friendswood, TX
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Friendswood, TX

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Its great to talk to people everyday and let them know what is out there for them.

Cons

The hours here are never reliable.

It would be a better place to work if there wasn't an over load of events one month then the next month nothing at all. Spread it out and make it more reliable for everyone!

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing