There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Growing company that care about its eployees and is looking for ways to improve even more.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are hardworking and supportive.

Cons

Experiencing some growing pains but always looking for ways to improve.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Upper management is inept, and will throw you under the bus.

Current Employee - Rom in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Rom in Austin, TX

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom in many ways. Dress code, work alone(which is also a con at same time, good luck with HR)

Cons

Work/Life balance is virtually NIL. Poor communication. Company direction changes weekly, and sometimes daily. They are basically a middleman for other companies. Impossible goals for poor incentives.

Advice to Management

Restructure the entire company. It is nothing but failure and false reporting.

Misleading and deceiving the ACE/LDA program

Current Contractor - Leadership Development Associate
    Current Contractor - Leadership Development Associate

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing as a contractor

Pros

-They provide you with the opportunity to travel, including to California for workshops -You get to meet people across the country who are also in your position -You meet and interact with the leaders of the company ***Note: the majority of these reviews about the program were written because the company told us to do so and they were written at the beginning of the program before we really had an opinion, look through them for ones where they say they have been through the program.***

Cons

Hiring managers are not very knowledgeable about the positions; therefore often make promises company doesn't keep. They move you around, often times even forcing people who already work for the company to move to a new state. Also, they try to say you're making a good salary but that’s only because the vast majority of the company is underpaid in comparison to other companies in this industry. You are not told exactly what to expect in the retail aspect of the company. I was told I would be given a territory of stores and it is best to live near that territory. Do to the high turnover in retail merchandisers, my territory has changed multiple times to completely different areas. Moreover, I have been inconvenienced and told to drive 3-5 hours away for projects. In less than a year, I have driven about 15,000 miles. Basically, since we are salary employees, not to mention since we are in a position where we can't really say "no," they use us to do any work that no one else wants to do. I couldn't imagine doing this job with a family or as a parent due to the amount of times I have had to travel and stay in hotels with less than a weeks notice. The "preferred/approved" hotels they want you stay in while away are often times very scary. If you were a young women who is unfamiliar with the area you are in, you probably wouldn't feel safe. Hiring managers said, "if you do what you are supposed to do while in the program, there is no reason you won't be hired." What they should said is "If you or a family member already worked for the company and/or you know the right people, you will get the job want." This company is totally about whom you know.

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront.