There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Great supervisor, its upper management that needs help.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can say the first few years was great, the company really cared about the employees and they showed it.They would give raises and many other things, nice people all around.

Cons

The new management however is totally the opposite,you jump through hoops to earn 0.25 and they are proud of this. The problem is they are busy filling their own pockets to see just who is paying their salaries.

Advice to Management

Please, please walk in our shoes, the ones that are out in the field everyday trying to make sure your merchandise is out of the backrooms and have the best possible display space.But instead you are busy thinking of ways to take more from us.You don't give raises, gas allowance, car allowance. But you will increase the miles we put on our personal vehicles, and try to explain the reason you did so.Believe me it did not help us at all, but it does benefit the company. Try putting yourself where we are.You would be dissatisfied also .How would you like being in the position of choosing to put food in your kids mouth or putting gas in the car?With paying out extra money for gas,because you added more area to cover,but you tell us its to make sure we get 40 hrs,because you decided we don't need to be paid for travel anymore,what happened to the car allowance, to aid in keeping our cars in good running condition, we did not need that either according to the CEO.There is no such thing as a cost of living raise, because you think prices on food,gas clothing etc stays the same,so your lower level employees don't ever need a raise. Shame on the CEO'S.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good if you don't want to move up.

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Associates and managers are friendly and great to work with.

Cons

Company does not recognize hard-working individuals. No opportunity to move up.

I'm nothing but a scapegoat with a title.

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Intercourse, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Intercourse, PA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Network with tons of people, if you can actually get to visit your territory. Calls, training, or handling the latest "Upper Management Project" (i.e., kayaking in a kiddie pool).

Cons

Lies, lies, and more lies! I quit telling my associates about "New Programs", "Bonus Incentives, etc..., because nothing ever happens and nothing is ever in writing! My bosses may not care about their Associates, but I do. Since this is anonymous, let me say, "Screw You!!!!!" to HR/Legal and the Payroll Department. Advancement is for those who blindly follow the ASM (lack of) leadership. Ask too many questions, you are blackballed.

Advice to Management

Quit telling lies, honesty will get you loyalty. After that, you won't have to post fake positive reviews.