There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

No advancement, No Raises, Not enough hours.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist/Event Demonstrator  in  Taylorsville, UT
Current Employee - Sales Specialist/Event Demonstrator in Taylorsville, UT

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time

Pros

Easy work. A rock could do this job, a friendly rock. You need to be outgoing and enjoy working with the public.

Cons

Never enough hours, because they have to many people working for them. I have been with the company for about 5 years, never received a raise even though I have been told I would get one, that still has not happened. I ask about the raise and was told they are not giving raises at this time. I don't know anyone in the company that has received a raise.

Stop hiring new employees. Take care of the employees you have and if you need to hire new people hire people that are more professional.

722 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

The pay is good for part time.

Current Employee - Event Specialist
    Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work very independently. For a part time job the pay isn't bad.

Cons

There is very high turnover for management. I've had a different manager each month I worked here. The food waste is awful. We are required to throw out unused food at the end of the shift. There is little to no communication between the stores we work in and the company management. Often we will be assigned to demonstrate a product that is not sold in the store we are sent to work. Oh and if you're at a slow store the job is incredibly boring.

Stop wasting food. Develop a program to allow us to donate unused food. Communicate with stores. Assign event specialists to stores closer to their homes.

Advantage Sales and Marketing offered limited advancement options and very little compensation.

Former Employee - Event Specialist  in  South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Advantage Sales and Marketing offered decent pay for those with no experience or education. The job was good for someone in High School.

Cons

Direct management had little respect for the employees, often taking favorites. Advancement was nearly impossible, no pay raise or promotion available without completely changing departments.

If you want to retain employees you should really look into giving them some form of motivation.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!