Advantage Sales and Marketing

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Great part time job

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Event Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I learn something new every day, and get the opportunity to work with great people everyday! My checks are never late, I have a very positive respect for my DM and feel that she genuinely cares about all of her employees. This is a company I trust as I did a lot of research before I ever put my application in. My experience thus far has been mostly positive.

Cons

Part time hours, need a full time work.

Communicate the importance of getting to know your management. I walk in as a professional and introduce myself at every location I am sent to. This is very important as half the store Directors do not understand that we are in their stores to help with sales, raise product awareness and build customer relationships. I have had many of those store directors tell me they do not know their event specialist or had no idea what company we work for, some feel we are a nuisance and I believe the introduction is the easiest way for your employees to open the door in a positive way. Otherwise a liaison should introduce employees when they are going to their home store for the first week to help build confidence for both parties.

797 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

Not what I expected.

Current Employee - Food Demo in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Food Demo in Portland, OR

Pros

You're not directly supervised. Don't expect too much from this company.

Cons

I was told I would be having 20-25 hours per week, I only had one 4-day week, and that was during the holidays. When I was a new employee I had 3-day weeks every week for about a month. Now I'm lucky if I get even 1 day. Too many people were hired so no one has enough work. My manager manages over 200 people. This is ridiculous. I spend more money on gas traveling to stores than anything else. If you're going to have me drive 15 miles away, then pay for compensation. The pay is low for the amount of hours when I do have work. The first opportunity I get to get out, I'm taking it.

Quit hiring so many people.

Someone call the CA labor board - ASM smells fishy

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing DRT Retail Recruiters. DRT management team very supportive.

Cons

Talented, hardworking recruiters are completely overworked and are highly unappreciated. New management has unrealistic expectations. Doesnt care to hear from the DROs themselves that expectations are too high. Too much administrative work. Reports. Reports. Reports.

How are recruiters expected to provide effective staffing efforts if all they do is respond to emails to Sr. Management requesting reports and numbers that can be easily run by HRMS? Good recruiters are being let go due to "performance" but being classified as part of a "reduction". If it was part of a reduction, then why are RECRUITER opportunities posted on Glassdoor or Linkedin?

Management shouldnt be hiring friends for the sake of hiring them. Clearly, they are doing a bad job, considering TA is looked at as a joke from a company standpoint.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing