Very exciting company with a unique, entrepreneurial spirit.

Current Employee - Senior Business Development and Client Service Manager  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Senior Business Development and Client Service Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Advantage is an exciting place to work becuase of how it is continually innovating and evolving as an organization, adding new capabilities and services. For example, 12 years ago it did not have any true marketing and today it has a top-ranked full-service agency representing a quarter of the business. Responsible for this is Advantage's entrepreneurial spirit; the culture is to proactively think through issues with clients and search for ways to deliver more value through a customized or creative solution. This is harder to do, but delivers better results. And it makes for a much more rewarding career at every level, because you are always doing things differently, not performing "lather, rinse, and repeat" by rote.

Cons

Sales and marketing agencies like Advantage focus on building their clients' brands vs. promoting themeslves to prosepective clients and employees. As a result, to someone unfamiliar with the industry, Advantage doesn't have the same name recognition or cache that a big CPG company has, despite its similar size and retail influence.

Let's continue to get our message out more broadly. Twenty years ago SMAs were known as "food brokers" with limited services and were only really used to save money. Today, we are all about delivering improved effectiveness and efficiencies. We do so much more than we used to, use cutting-edge tools, and play a such a strategic role with the clients we service.

Other Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Excellent Experience with Advantage

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Advantage allows you the autonomy to run your own business. Being a maverick was never this easy working for other companies in the industry or in this area. The work is always exciting and keeps growing which is always a positive and is not surprising based on our track record of successes with local and international clients.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished which is a by product of the over all success and excitement around the job!

Keep the entrepreneurial spirit alive as long as you can because it is what will continue to drive the company to new heights and attract the best of the best to ASM! Great place to be!

I have been able to advanced my career at by asking for and being open to new locations and job expieriences.

Current Employee - Category Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Category Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great People, Ethical in business dealings, Solid Client base, Forward thinking to next big thing. Cutting edge with tools to analyze the business which creates efficiencies in the work process. Great teamwork in the same office and across the country.

Cons

Communication from top levels has improved but need to continue to focus on, challenges with remote employees to feel part of a team.

Continue to make improvements on communication platforms to employees keeping in mind the large number of remote employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!