There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

No promotions

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Event Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working alone avoids micromanaging. Working various locations is exciting.

Cons

Management disconnected and spread too thin

722 Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing (View Most Recent)

The best merchandising company out there!

Current Employee - RSM  in  Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - RSM in Asheville, NC

Pros

Best hourly rate! Its a very friendly company. They throw money at everything unlike their competitors. There are great incentive programs and money to be made if you have the skill. They use ipads for email and photos so its instant uploads. You choose your own hours and days so long as its between 6am and 5pm M-F and your territory is fully covered per cycle.

Cons

HR and getting into the company was a nightmare! I almost quit before I started, but once you are past that stage the pay is the best in the industry. They use ipads for email and photos while good, they are heavy and have to stay attached to you at all times. If you lose it you pay for it.They do overwhelm you with POS also so make sure you have a PO box or a friendly mail carrier. Recently changed mileage from 20 miles to 40 so it eats into your pay a little more.

Sort out the horrible HR dept please!

Great part time job

Current Employee - Event Specialist  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

I learn something new every day, and get the opportunity to work with great people everyday! My checks are never late, I have a very positive respect for my DM and feel that she genuinely cares about all of her employees. This is a company I trust as I did a lot of research before I ever put my application in. My experience thus far has been mostly positive.

Cons

Part time hours, need a full time work.

Communicate the importance of getting to know your management. I walk in as a professional and introduce myself at every location I am sent to. This is very important as half the store Directors do not understand that we are in their stores to help with sales, raise product awareness and build customer relationships. I have had many of those store directors tell me they do not know their event specialist or had no idea what company we work for, some feel we are a nuisance and I believe the introduction is the easiest way for your employees to open the door in a positive way. Otherwise a liaison should introduce employees when they are going to their home store for the first week to help build confidence for both parties.

There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!