There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

After 9 years, sadly left due to DRO and ROM harrassment!

Former Employee - National Trainer in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - National Trainer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule for some, abusive for others

Cons

5 job titles in 9 years last 7 in management, little compensation

Advice to Management

There needs to be a check and balance program for ROM and DRO positions as all other positions have. The lack of managements true presence, management training, and management ethics was clearly missing from my particular DRT. As the "flagship" team and training program for the company, this was once the top DRT, now due to the DRO and a particular ROM the team has disintegrated and even completely done away with the employee/client training progam. Sad and a real sign of a "red flag". Despite high ratings from peers and the client, the ROM and DRO clearly "ran off" many employees to include great trainers, supervisors and employees. Many people quit and were not fired, clearly another "red flag' to HR/Talent Development. It was clearly a "good old girls" club on the team and basically once the managers were caught for falsifying, the people reporting quit/got fired, and the managers are still there.
Wake up upper management, look at your ROM'S and DRO'S they are "free reign" and ruining the company.They are the ones that need more supervision and not the RS and RSM/RSA positions.

reviews filtered by

Substandard management practices

Current Employee - RSM in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - RSM in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This used to be a great job.

Cons

Upper management needs to be better reviewed by piers. They need to be fair to their employees. They need to encourage rather than discourage, praise employees instead of demean them in front of the rest of the team. Stop stepping on the little guy to get ahead. Employee turnover very high in this area. Quite an eye opener that something is very wrong here and needs to be addressed. The whole team is stressed out over all the ridiculous demands. Email their employees to death for the same topic over and over. Can't make up their mind as to what they really want from their team members. Do not appreciate the talent and qualities they ask for in the job description. Would rather us be robots instead of utilizing our creativity. Set us up to "look" like we fail. Mgmt. fires the good workers and keeps the robots, the "yes" people. So sad to lose such good people. We are just a body to fill a position until they're finished with us. I never had such a depressing job as this one. I will probably be the next creative, caring employee they boot out. Yet, it could be a blessing.

Advice to Management

Review your managers better, unless this is your protocol for employee relations.

Don't jump through hoops to work here

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work doing demos the products and store are good so that makes it tolerable for the pay especially if your a student.

Cons

The red tape is endless. The trainings are irrelevant. The direct manager depending on stores are racist and use favoritism.

Advice to Management

Actually go to your territory stores and talk to the employees