There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Could be a nice place to work if the right hand knew what the left hand is doing.

Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser
Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love to meet new people,clients.

Cons

overlap in coverage,no communication from managment,being sent out to complete a project with out correct materials, low pay.

Advice to Management

In stead of overworking management with somany workers , have more qualified managers.Get it right when you send someone out into the field to work a project.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Before going to work here, read the fine print

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Part time work and mileage paid.

Cons

When they say your pay is $14.00 an hour they mean that when you are actually in the store you are paid that. While driving, your pay is $10.00 an hour. Another thing they don't say is that you can be driving 75% of the time!

Advice to Management

Keep people engaged and informed about the work they do. Be more upfront about pay rates.

Major regrets I did not know about Glass Door before I said yes..

Current Employee - RSR
    Current Employee - RSR

I have been working at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great supervisor who is always available.

Cons

Financially, this could really be a great position for someone who is willing to work for less than minimum wage, after he or she uncovers the hidden drawbacks of damage to one’s vehicle, storage in your home, cell phone usage, ink expenses, unpaid administrative time, increase in auto insurance premiums….just to name a few. Seriously, consider the mileage and time reimbursement of .37 cents paid after the first 40 miles you drive to your first store and the last 40 miles from your last store; not-to-mention, the clock does not start until one hour drive on the road and the same on your return. So, you give away 80 miles a day and 1 hour of your time…I could go on and on. Lastly, a National Scorecard for the teams to compete for bonus money that promotes dishonesty more than I can even describe, because a monetary bonus is desperately needed for all. It is so against my grain, and I am perplexed as to why they think their structure is fair, when every territory is different. I know of team members who have admitted to falsifying their successes, for the very reason I have mentioned.
    Emotionally, this position is great for someone who enjoys ambiguity on a daily basis, as it is stressful beyond belief due to the ever-changing, unrealistic demands from both the Client and ASM. A route of 100 plus stores, with demands and surveys, plus merchandising and sales goals that keep you on an unproductive route, yet that cannot be, because one must be efficient.
    Physically, just be warned you will literally feel it, and in no time at all. Digging product out of back rooms, off of top shelves, long drive times, no lunches to speak of….all of this will affect your body, mind and spirit in no time flat.

Advice to Management

Read the above very carefully. Your score cards need to be individually based. You have a lot of dishonest peeps out there, and some who know how to milk it for all they can. You have designed a bonus structure that promotes negative behavior. Inform the Client of the massive amount of money they are spending on wasted POS, poor logistics management, unfair timing based on demographics. Instead pay your honest team members what they deserve, provide proper mileage and time reimbursement, vehicle allowance, and a gas card or smaller territories. Then your Client will see your reps beat the pants off their competition.