Check your club manager!

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Event Specialist in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting company to work for. There are no perks. Even so I loved the job.

Cons

Dealing with the racism of the club manager who does not understand the concept of "team".

Advice to Management

People should be treated as though they are a member of the human race. Can not approve of any CEO who has the capacity to be aware of the treatment and continually disregards it.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Retail Sales Representive

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working in the field no bosses looking over your work all the time. I did my job and went home.

Cons

I had 2 of the worst bosses I have ever had in my long career.

Advice to Management

Pay people more money who do a great job. Stop paying much less than nomal for mileage on car useage. Stop paying the people at the top way too much and share the money with the people on the front line.

Started with Campaigners, Lost All Status when ASM stepped in...

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Miami, FL

I worked at Advantage Sales and Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started as an Epson representative in CompUSA stores and the pay was amazing, the hours were great, management was incredibly helpful and involved and I received a great deal of assistance from my district and regional managers. We had weekly conference calls, and then individual calls to discuss progress and the possibility of moving up. CompUSA stopped doing the program, so I lost my regular spot, but my manager knew what a hard worker I was and fought to get me placement in other areas. I still worked almost every weekend filling in for various people that needed the day off. Then, ASM acquired Campaigners, my manager was no longer my manager and no one explained the transition to any of us at all. That is where the cons began...

Cons

... I received a new manager that could never remember my name and asked me the same questions over and over. He would schedule me for something and then I would get a call the day before canceling the event. It was money I really needed at the time, so I stayed on, but eventually, the hours and the help from conference calls completely dried up. I repeatedly said I wanted to remain on staff and be called for any and every substitute shift or long-term option that became available. I had been a loyal employee for more than 3 years, and then they just laid me off from the team one day, and I only found out because I got a letter from the office of unemployment asking me to verify that I had "quit." That was another hassle, because I had to go through a process to prove that I was not quit, but apparently laid-off without my knowledge. I only give this company two stars because my experience with Campaigners was worth 5 stars. ASM is a one-star (if that) company.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the "little people" that make your jobs and livelihoods possible. Learn our names. Don't change online systems and policies every few months to a point that it is so confusing, people need to reach out to management multiple times to get help.