Advent Software
www.advent.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Consultant

Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Advent Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work life balance for the Company. As a consultant you are on the road almost every week, so its very hard to have a work life balance. The people there are great. Its a very fun atmosphere. They know how to have a good time. You wont find a mean person in the company.

ConsAs a consultant you travel every week. This will burn you out in about two years. Middle management is not very experienced. The salaries could be better, there are barely any raises and we just had layoffs, yet all of the executive this year got promoted. They need to adapt to client needs faster. There is not much career growth here. It seems like when you are in consulting, they don't like you to leave.

Client Support Analyst

Support Analyst (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Advent Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Autonomy, challenging tasks, intelligent peers Cons: To many list owners, not enough do'ers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Local company with good values

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Advent Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Hire and retain really smart people. Friendly, collegial atmosphere. Ambitious projects that make them the leader… Cons: Sometimes projects seem overly ambitious given time and resources. Advice to Senior Management: Keep listening to your people. They know a lot. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Advent Software.

Worked for Advent Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advent Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advent Software CEO Pete Hess. All reviews posted anonymously by Advent Software employees.