Adventist Health System

www.adventisthealthsystem.com
  www.adventisthealthsystem.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adventist Health System

gaining lots of experience on EHR implementation

Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Adventist Health System

Pros

people, implementation experience, progressive, various locations

Cons

silo's, timelines, work life balance, communication, poor leadership

communication
transparency

50 Other Employee Reviews for Adventist Health System (View Most Recent)

AHS-IS is dysfunctional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Adventist Health System

Pros

Good people working in the lower ranks.

Cons

Executive Management at AHS-IS is extremely dysfunctional, poor leaders and untrustworthy. Corporate never comes by to check on the Lake MAry office. The executives tell Corporate whatever they want to hear. Meanwhile they run the workers into the ground with little regard for them. They are drvien by deadlines, not what is best for the corporation.

Get rid of all of AHS-IS senior leadship (CIO, CTO and VP level) and start over with people who care about the corporation and the employees instead of their bonuses. Take a look at how many people have left the company in the past year. People are giving up on the executives.

I am overworked, unappreciated, taken advantage of and disrespected by management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lagrange Hlds, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lagrange Hlds, IL

I have been working at Adventist Health System

Pros

The convenience of living so close to work and the people I work WITH (NOT FOR) are the only two incentives that keep me working at the Adventist Health System.

Cons

Leadership is VERY dysfunctional and a lot of managers are disrespectful towards their employees. Even when administration is made aware of such problems, they don't respond. It's a very political and dysfunctional place. They have employee gallop polls which are totally useless. My manager told our group which questions we could NOT select to work on in order to improve our department (because it would make her look bad). Leadership is unappreciative of their employees and treats employees horribly. Health Insurance is TERRIBLE and overall compensation is VERY poor (minimal time off compared to other health care organizations, low salaries etc). Leadership expects more & more from employees but give less and less. I heard that Home Health employees will no longer be provided with company cell phones, which is thier main means of communication. They will be expected to provide their own phones and wil be provided $50 toward thier phone bill, which will be considered taxable income! Have you ever heard of a health care organization so cheap??? I couldn't believe it when I heard that one about Home Health! Than again, it's consistent with the Adventist philosophy-CHEAP & UNAPPRECIATIVE!!!! NEVER WOULD I RECOMMEND ADVENTIST AS A PLACE TO WORK!!!!!!

Provide employees the compensation they deserve: MORE TIME OFF, COMPETATIVE SALARIES, DECENT HEALTH CARE!!!! DEAL WITH PROBLEMS INSTEAD OF GIVING EMPLOYEES FAKE SMILES AND AVOIDING PROBLEMS, ACT ON EMPLOYEE FEEDBACK, TREAT EMPLOYEES WITH RESPECT AND APPRECIATION (more than a free picnic in the summer or a free holiday lunch) HOW GIFT CERTIFICATES, SALARY INCREASES???? EMPLOYEES KNOW CEO'S AND LEADERSHIP ARE NOT HURTING FOR MONEY & PROBABLY HAVE GOTTEN BONUSES, WHILE THE REST OF US HAVE GOTTEN 1% RAISES AND SOME OF THE WORST HEALTH CARE INSURANCE!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Adventist Health System