Adventist HealthCare
www.adventisthealthcare.com Rockville, MD 5000+ Employees

Zero accountability for Directors and VPs

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Adventist HealthCare

ProsTime off policy, flexibility with work, Informal work environment

ConsZero accountability, Unfair and incompetent Directors and VPs. Top heavy. Directors and VPs get bonuses and pay hikes while staff are left with nothing. There are several highly incompetent and unqualified directors that are hampering staff from doing good work due to their own insecurities and lack of skills. This creates a rather difficult work environment if you are a top performer.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring fairness of the mission to work everyday. It is not sufficient to merely do lip service by stating that we respect the infinite worth of every individual while letting some incompetent directors and VPs treat staff like sheep. Also please bring transparency to compensation. For the past few years managers and VPS have got bonuses and staffing has been cut or reduced on nursing units and departments. It's better to invest money in hiring more nurses to provide patient care rather than to spend on lavish bonuses to management who are essentially overheads. This results in unsafe work environment (especially on night shifts on inpatient,OR and ER areas). If you have one nurse taking care of 8 patients and you pay bonus to the director of the unit you are ultimately going to incur more costs.

The llife blood for Adventist healthcare is our patients and the care givers. Please don't forget that or everyone suffers.

Get rid of incompetent directors and middle management. Ask staff for feedback to figure out who the incompetent directors area. There are a lot in finance, who do not even have a finance degree or background and can't tell the difference between EBITDA and Gross Revenue. There are several half baked directors who rely on one or two competent staff to get by. They have never managed people previously and should never ever have been a manager. They only got here because they knew someone higher.

Please promote merit and clean out unqualified staff.

Could be a great place to work but has very poor leadership

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Adventist HealthCare

Pros: Flexible work schedule, very good benefits, great leave policy and… Cons: Poor financial perfomance, poor managment, ill-equipped leaders, absolutely no technology of any kind. I am surprised… Advice to Senior Management: Please reasearch and think through your decisions before poorly implementing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Adventist HealthCare

Pros: Faith-based, Wonderful, dedicated caregivers, commitment to the mission by the… Cons: Strategic direction aspirational, but day to day ops need improvement. Too little… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Adventist HealthCare.

Worked for Adventist HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adventist HealthCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Adventist HealthCare CEO Bill Robertson. All reviews posted anonymously by Adventist HealthCare employees.