Adventist Medical Center

Great place to work

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Portland, OR

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff and fellow employees are great to work with. Everyone seems to genuinly care about patient care and quality. Love the people I work with.

Cons

Managment not very informative. Have to ask multiple times for information through phone calls and email. Some questions never answered.

Even though patient quality is our goal employees need to feel comfortable bringing up an issue, and not feel worried to ask you in fear of "bothering" you.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Adventist Medical Center (View Most Recent)

AMC Portland

Current Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center

Pros

Great fellow employees. They've put a lot of money into improving the look of the hospital, which helps to make it a bit more pleasant to work in.

Cons

Poorly managed from top to bottom. Upper management gets its info from middle management who fails to support their employees and cares only about making themselves look good and promoting those whom they like on a personal level rather then those who are able to do the job best.

Aim higher. Recently AMC took a look at other hospitals and decided they were too good and needed to "head for the middle" - new AMC slogan, "Striving for Mediocrity."

Employees are great! Then there is the leadership or lack of.

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center

Pros

Best employees and hospitalist physicians of anywhere I have worked. You won't find more genuine people anywhere else. Lots of opportunity if you are Adventist.

Cons

Unless you are Adventist, you can only hold certain positions. Senior leadership is very out of touch with the employees. There is very little transparency between management and employees.

Employees and good managers are scared to speak up for risk of retaliation. Try removing the "Adventist only" positions and you may get more qualified employees (we know you don't post them like this, but we are all aware this is the case). Build a relationship with the employees! They can offer great ideas and save the company a lot of money if you just develop a true relationship with them. Be more open with the employees. We will respect you more if we know what is going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Adventist Medical Center

Worked for Adventist Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!