Adventist Medical Center
www.adventisthealthnw.com Portland , OR

AMC Portland

Phlebotomist (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsGreat fellow employees. They've put a lot of money into improving the look of the hospital, which helps to make it a bit more pleasant to work in.

ConsPoorly managed from top to bottom. Upper management gets its info from middle management who fails to support their employees and cares only about making themselves look good and promoting those whom they like on a personal level rather then those who are able to do the job best.

Advice to Senior ManagementAim higher. Recently AMC took a look at other hospitals and decided they were too good and needed to "head for the middle" - new AMC slogan, "Striving for Mediocrity."

Employees are great! Then there is the leadership or lack of.

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center

Pros: Best employees and hospitalist physicians of anywhere I have worked. You won't… Cons: Unless you are Adventist, you can only hold certain positions. Senior leadership is very… Advice to Senior Management: Employees and good managers are scared to speak up for risk of retaliation. Try removing the "Adventist only" positions and you may get more qualified… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall good place to work

I have been working at Adventist Medical Center

Pros: At my current position I am able to work flexible hours, wages are… Cons: Interview process is long, most of the time have to go thru a panel interview, health benefits for… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate to your staff, be more open. It will bring… More
There are newer reviews on Adventist Medical Center.

Worked for Adventist Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adventist Medical Center reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Adventist Medical Center employees.