Advertising Research Foundation

www.thearf.org
  www.thearf.org
There are newer employer reviews for Advertising Research Foundation

ARF not very forward-thinking or evolutionary

Current Employee - Director of Events in New York, NY
Current Employee - Director of Events in New York, NY

I have been working at Advertising Research Foundation

Pros

Staff is hard working and competent

Cons

Executive staff has very little respect or recognition of rank and file effort.

Build a team spirit

17 Other Employee Reviews for Advertising Research Foundation (View Most Recent)

Amazing place for Internship

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Advertising Research Foundation

Pros

You get C-level responsibilities. I went from start to completion on my projects over the summer that were shown to CMOs, CEOs, and association leaders. Oh, and I got to present it in front of them too! They have a very fun atmosphere (we had a baking competition!) and the chairs were snazzy. It's the small things that make this place so wonderful to work at every day.

Cons

You basically have to be an industry leader to work here, meaning interns have 0% chance at full-time. You need to take advantage of the networking opportunities there because they do not have an established "funnel" to help you get full time jobs.

Watch for politics. I couldn't deal with all the backstabbing and gossiping that was going on.

Unhealthy Daily Environment

I have been working at Advertising Research Foundation

Pros

The mission and purpose of the company is wonderful. There's an incredible group of employees and ARF members with whom you can interact on a daily basis. A rich environment for learning and networking within the industry.

Cons

Life at the ARF is challenging. Employees are bombarded by a constant stream of negativity from senior management. The employees are smart and want to do good work; however, many are incapacitated by fear of eliciting a cruel reaction from the top. Directives from senior management are few and far between, and change on a dime. Manipulation and politics are pervasive and create an unhealthy daily environment.

Trust and empower your employees to do the work they were hired to do. We are a smart, motivated, hardworking group who cares about the ARF and takes pride in our work. Negativity is not motivating and does not help the company to excel. This could (and should) be a great place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Advertising Research Foundation