Advisory Board

www.advisory.com
  www.advisory.com
There are newer employer reviews for Advisory Board

Good exposure and flexibility, but workload is nearly impossible

Former Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Advisory Board full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on the team you work on, you often have the opportunity to travel, be exposed to senior executives and have access to good training and professional development.

Cons

hire very young, inexperienced college grads and then pile the work and responsibility on top of them under the guise of stretch roles and opportunity. compensation for "home grown" employees is insulting.

need more transparency with regard to changes happening within various teams

282 Other Employee Reviews for Advisory Board (View Most Recent)

Good job foundation, but expect to be surrounded by Stepford Wives...

Former Employee - Associate Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Advisory Board full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-This place gave me tons of sales savvy
    -I developed great relationships and am still friends with a lot of my former colleagues
    -It gave me a great foundation as my first job out of college and I was promoted quickly
    -Fun incentive trips, happy hours, etc.

Cons

-HORRIBLE pay. $50k base to travel 4 days a week and sell in a recession? I think not.
    -Everyone talks the same, uses the same unnecessary, pretentious vocabulary words and expressions; it's almost cult-like in this regard
    -As a woman, I feel like I was looked down upon because I wasn't some Lily Pulitzer-wearing Southern Belle republican who went to Vanderbilt. These people are intellectual snob and if you don't look like you'd rolled out of the Harvard Law Review and/or the country club, people WILL look down on you.
    -There's a ridiculous amount of check-ins and infrastructure that take away from getting your day to day duties done
    -They don't teach you how to sell like an individual. It's so scripted, it hurts

RELAX!
    PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES MORE!
    BE YOUR OWN PERSON AND STOP TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE A COOKIE CUTTER OF THE NEXT ONE!

Great place to start

Former Employee - Associate Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Advisory Board full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to start your career. You do learn a lot, get added responsibility quickly. You get lots of feedback on an ongoing basis that can help you move forward. I met great people, mentors, and friends I'm still in touch with, years later.

Cons

They'll pay you nothing. But generations of young and eager DC-ites have fallen for it, and now they can get away with it.

Y'all just keep on lining your pockets! Keep on doing your thang, honey boo boo child. We've all been dumb enough to fall for it.

There are newer employer reviews for Advisory Board