Advisory Board
www.advisory.com Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to learn, be prepared for low pay

Strategic Research Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThis is a great company to learn how the health care system work. I've found that my coworkers are extremely smart, passionate about their work, and driven to succeed. Managers are usually willing to spend time training their staff. If you do well, you'll be given significant responsibilities fairly early in your tenure.

ConsThe pay here is about 25% lower than what you can make at other companies in consulting. The low pay spans every single department (from research to sales, even). For the last few years, given the tough job market, the company has been able to pay lower salaries and still recruit/retain top candidates.

This is starting to change.

In the last year or so, I've noticed a few of my peers who have been here for 3 to 5 years starting to look for jobs elsewhere (not because they don't like the company), because they can make significantly more money somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a great company and you have done really well growing it, but if you are to reduce our staff turnover, you have to either increase salaries or promote more quickly.

Great place to start

Washington, DC

I have been working at Advisory Board full-time for less than a year

Pros: The company hires a lot of young people, they have a… Cons: The pay is not up to par with other companies in the industry. Department-specific training and… Advice to Senior Management: Put less time into firmwide orientation and more time into department-specific orientation.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lots of perks with a lot of hard work

Dedicated Advisor (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at Advisory Board full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good compensation Fair evaluations given regularly Dedication to values Lots of room for… Cons: Work-life balance is difficult with the intensity of job Cookie-cutter hires -… Advice to Senior Management: Hiring outside the box can lead to innovative thinking Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Advisory Board.

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advisory Board reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advisory Board CEO Robert W. Musslewhite. All reviews posted anonymously by Advisory Board employees.