Marketing Associate

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Advisory Board full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, youthful co-workers - room to move around/up if you exceed your appointment-setting quotas. A good place to start out of school - nice resume builder.

Cons

Compensation, lack of meaningful recognition, high turnover, associates are expendable

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company, could be better for individuals

Current Employee - Research Associate
    Current Employee - Research Associate

I have been working at Advisory Board full-time

Pros

Very positive company culture, clear paths to upward mobility, exciting and challenging work

Cons

Too low pay for the workloads entry-level employees shoulder. Also, it's quite hard to come enter the company at a higher level, despite relevant experience.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries so employees who genuinely love the company and the work can afford to stay!

Great place to learn, be prepared for low pay

Current Employee - Strategic Research Consultant
    Current Employee - Strategic Research Consultant

I have been working at Advisory Board full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to learn how the health care system work. I've found that my coworkers are extremely smart, passionate about their work, and driven to succeed. Managers are usually willing to spend time training their staff. If you do well, you'll be given significant responsibilities fairly early in your tenure.

Cons

The pay here is about 25% lower than what you can make at other companies in consulting. The low pay spans every single department (from research to sales, even). For the last few years, given the tough job market, the company has been able to pay lower salaries and still recruit/retain top candidates. This is starting to change. In the last year or so, I've noticed a few of my peers who have been here for 3 to 5 years starting to look for jobs elsewhere (not because they don't like the company), because they can make significantly more money somewhere else.

Advice to Management

This is a great company and you have done really well growing it, but if you are to reduce our staff turnover, you have to either increase salaries or promote more quickly.