There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Living

This is what senior care should be

Current Employee - Executive Director in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Executive Director in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Aegis provides a postive work enviroment where staff and residents are allowed to thrive and meet their full potential. We are setting the standard for what senior care should be.

Cons

losing people that you have come to love through the care you provide for them.

Advice to Management

Keep celebrating the lives of our residents. Share the stories of the people that we have here as much as you can with the world. It's not a surprise the people we care for are called the greatest generation.

Other Employee Reviews for Aegis Living

Develop Passion for Compassion w/ seniors and their families while orchestrating the leadership of a Senior Community.

Current Employee - Area Executive Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Area Executive Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you'd rather go to bed tired than going to bed bored, you are looking in the right place. If you want to foster real leadership relationships w/ top quality individuals then you have arrived. If you really believe you have what it takes to grow revenue by loving on and helping hurting families through the ageing process than you've found a good place to research. If you have the "true" skill of juggling lots of balls and spinning many plates all at the same time w/ a smile on your face then you found the right spot. If you have the smarts to streamline expenses w/out cutting customer service and care then we should meet. If you have the GUTS to always do the right thing even when it's inconvenient then you've arrived. If you want to be richly rewarded through truely helping the greatest generation then come join us.

Cons

I wish more doctors and nurses knew and understood more about dementia and what we do. The senior living industry is going to sky rocket in the near future as we're seeing more families dealing w/ dementia.

Advice to Management

Thanks for this life changing rewarding opportunity.

2. Walking the Talk

Current Employee - Vice President of Development in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Development in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every day, in every meeting, Aegis staff and executives make at least one reference to one of our corporate hallmarks, or symbols, that stand for the compassionate service in a residential environment that we strive for. It really is in our DNA.

Cons

Finding the balance between pragmatic business choices and truly providing the best care by the best care managers possible.

Advice to Management

Not that there isn't more than the typical company in the industry already, but reinforcing to the front line staff and managers how important and valued they really are to us all should remain a priority.