There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Living

Develop Passion for Compassion w/ seniors and their families while orchestrating the leadership of a Senior Community.

Current Employee - Area Executive Director in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Area Executive Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you'd rather go to bed tired than going to bed bored, you are looking in the right place. If you want to foster real leadership relationships w/ top quality individuals then you have arrived. If you really believe you have what it takes to grow revenue by loving on and helping hurting families through the ageing process than you've found a good place to research. If you have the "true" skill of juggling lots of balls and spinning many plates all at the same time w/ a smile on your face then you found the right spot. If you have the smarts to streamline expenses w/out cutting customer service and care then we should meet. If you have the GUTS to always do the right thing even when it's inconvenient then you've arrived. If you want to be richly rewarded through truely helping the greatest generation then come join us.

Cons

I wish more doctors and nurses knew and understood more about dementia and what we do.
The senior living industry is going to sky rocket in the near future as we're seeing more families dealing w/ dementia.

Thanks for this life changing rewarding opportunity.

105 Other Employee Reviews for Aegis Living (View Most Recent)

Walking the Talk

Current Employee - Vice President of Development in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Development in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Every day, in every meeting, Aegis staff and executives make at least one reference to one of our corporate hallmarks, or symbols, that stand for the compassionate service in a residential environment that we strive for. It really is in our DNA.

Cons

Finding the balance between pragmatic business choices and truly providing the best care by the best care managers possible.

Not that there isn't more than the typical company in the industry already, but reinforcing to the front line staff and managers how important and valued they really are to us all should remain a priority.

A job that provides purpose.

Current Employee - Executive Director in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's not just a job, as it provides purposeful days with great diversity of responsibilities. The job combines healthcare, hotel, and resort type oversight all in one. It's an amazing experience to help residents and their families in a way that is so heartfelt. The company has a founder and owner who is visionary and has set the pace for what other Assisted Livings attempt to follow.

Cons

The industry has more than it's share of scrutiny from State Boarding Home Services.

Keep the culture going; it's the secret sauce!

There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Living