There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Living

Working at Aegis Living has brought new purpose and meaning to my life.

Current Employee - Assistant Executive Director in Aptos, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Executive Director in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

I joined Aegis of Aptos 11 years ago and I can't say enough about how much I am enjoying working for Aegis. I have a big family now with co-workers, residents and families, that complete the meaning of having a good life. Aegis employees have the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
I started working at Aegis as a caregiver, and my devotion, enthusiasm, responsibility and knowledge were recognized all the time. Now as a manager I understand how important is to recognize and reward a job well done and to understand each individual's needs and strengths.
Nothing can be compared with the pleasure of working in the right place, feeling happy to come to work, knowing that your effort will always be recognized and at the end of your day, you go home knowing that you made a difference in someone's life.
Visitors and vendors tell us that when they walk in the building, they can feel the warm and sense of family immediately.

Cons

If you are not commited to provide the best of you for your residents, families and co-workers, this is not the right place for you.

105 Other Employee Reviews for Aegis Living (View Most Recent)

Quality and Caring at the Corporate Office matches the mission of the Communities

Current Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Even though I was a new and "temporary" employee I was welcomed as a part of the team, encouraged and invited to participate in all company-wide events and generally made to feel like I was as important to the overall mission of the company as the CEO or SVP.

Cons

The flip side of such unequivocal inclusion is needing to quickly master the core values and mission message(s) of the company to the outside world.

Continue to include, encourage, and share individual successes as successes for everyone.

It is both dynamic and demanding. A company with a heart & very high expectations.

Current Employee - Executive Director in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Access to senior executives. In expansion & growth mode. Always pushing the envelope and challenging everyone to excel.

Cons

Internally competitive with some politics. Need to be a workaholic. Difficult to get work/personal life balance here. Once you succeed, the company asks for more.

Invest more resources in effective training. Need systems that allow flexibility. Help key employees and managers achieve balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Living