Aegis Therapies

www.aegistherapies.com
  www.aegistherapies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Therapies

Most unethical company ever!

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Rochester, MN
Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My actual co-workers are great. There is exposure to multiple diagnosis and provides a good base for entry-level therapists

Cons

The management is terrible. They only care about numbers and not the patient. They nonchalantly encourage people to unethically bill for services to meet RUG levels. There is constantly negative emails being sent and gossip running around. The Rochester area has possible the most unprofessional and unethical management known to mankind. Turnover is huge because of the hostile work environment.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Aegis Therapies (View Most Recent)

If you want to practice ethically, this is NOT the place for you.

Current Employee - OTR
    Current Employee - OTR

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I absolutely enjoyed working with the patients--the reason I became an occupational therapist. The pay was competitive for the geographical area.

Cons

PCT must be >82% for OTR, and higher for COTA; as the only OTR in my building, I was expected to do every eval[Med A evals count as 0% productivity), plan my own schedule (some days; other days the building coordinator told me what to do. This was unpredictable though, so some days I spent time planning my schedule only for the coordinator to come and change it), complete appropriate COTA supervision, screen patients (also counts as 0%), and travel to another building and do it all over again while maintaining productivity...as other reviews state, an unstable computer system and toxic employee morale make this a recipe for disaster. Grouping based on insurance (some allow you to group; others don't) is pushed regardless of clinical needs. Communication occurred primarily by email, and I received frequent emails reprimanding my productivity (which ran at an appropriate level for ethical clinical practice), and in the next breath demanding that I cut my 5 minutes of overtime. Don't work off the clock or you'll be fired. When I asked for feedback for ideas to ethically increase productivity, I did not receive feedback. If you call in sick (my building coordinator said I sounded TERRIBLE on the phone--I was), they ask you to work the weekend to make up for it (so much for protecting the residents and so much for sick pay).

I spent my entire short career with them stressed and frustrated, and got out of there as fast as possible. For your own sanity, don't even start.

Walk the talk. You SAY to do what is clinically right, but the way you communicate with middle management and push them to communicate with front line staff forces an emphasis on numbers. Train them to truly manage; not to manage a numbers game.

Dismantle The Company

Former Employee - PTA in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - PTA in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time

Pros

Some very good therapist within the company.

Cons

Unethical, demanding, uncaring, all about numbers and productivity. This company has been like this for years, and they will not change until they revamp upper management, as in GET RID OF CERTAIN ONES. Unrealistic about 90+ productivity expectations. The documentation is CRAP. They need to be thoroughly investigated by the labor board and Medicare. They should be ashamed. They need to be dismantled. Good therapists need to leave NOW!!

Find something else to do. They are hypocritical when it comes to ethical behavior and they are greedy for $$$$ in their pockets

There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Therapies