Aegis Therapies

www.aegistherapies.com

Labor lawsuit waiting to happen

Former Employee - COTA/L  in  Santa Barbara, CA
Former Employee - COTA/L in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

It's amazing the conditions hard working dedicated therapist will work under. I saw and experienced to much. No "Pro's" here.

Cons

Three words "don't do it". If you have any experience in the healthcare field this company is even worse than most. And that is saying a lot! The time I had with this company was filled with excessive non paid overtime, unobtainable workload, company instigated chaos and confusion and deceit. That's just a start. Your basically slave labor. They do NOT care about you what so ever, top management down.

Yes, I have a real simple piece of advise. Follow a therapist with their average daily schedule around. Randomly , unannounced and in different regions. That's not going to happen, right?

Other reviews for Aegis Therapies

disappointing

Pros

Most of the other therapists were knowledgable and caring. The director of rehab (DOR) repeatedly urged therapists to behave in a manner that is clinically appropriate.

Cons

1)If management was aware of the facilities plans, which would have a dramatic effect on rehab, the details were not shared until it was too late. I do not know whether the problem was because of changes in the health care system, problems with the facility, or other factors, but there were not enough rehab-able patients available. SLPs were routinely sent home early in order to keep productivity high, and eventually a few PTs and half the speech department were laid off. 2) The only way to provide required levels of productivity is to provide point of service documentation. For a variety of reasons, this was not typically possible, but documentation still needed to be provided. In spite of direct orders from the DOR, I do not know any PTs, OTs or STs who did not continue to work after they had punched out of the building.

Most therapists have at will contracts, but we probably described the number of hours we wished to work during our interview. When management has no realistic expectation of supplying those hours, tell your staff.

Most unethical company ever!

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist  in  Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Rochester, MN

Pros

My actual co-workers are great. There is exposure to multiple diagnosis and provides a good base for entry-level therapists

Cons

The management is terrible. They only care about numbers and not the patient. They nonchalantly encourage people to unethically bill for services to meet RUG levels. There is constantly negative emails being sent and gossip running around. The Rochester area has possible the most unprofessional and unethical management known to mankind. Turnover is huge because of the hostile work environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Aegis Therapies.

Worked for Aegis Therapies? Contribute to the Community!