Aerojet Rocketdyne

www.rocket.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Aerojet Rocketdyne

Sometimes Rocket Science

I have been working at Aerojet Rocketdyne part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, helpful IT Department.

Cons

Gargantuan company, sometimes can feel lost.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Aerojet Rocketdyne (View Most Recent)

Very resistant to innovation within management

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Aerojet Rocketdyne full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is no mandatory overtime! Many coworkers have many years of experience to share knowledge. The products are very interesting. Brand new Oracle ERP system is in place! Organizational learning is going to skyrocket to cope with all of the new options and requirements, which provides great opportunities to demonstrate and learn new skills.

Cons

Often have managers that are not terribly skilled at managing people, just good at technical work. Experienced workers are often retired in place, or will retire very soon and knowledge lost. There is a massive gap in program management skills that often result in low profits for the company. For finance folks, engineers have the greatest influence. If you do not have an engineering degree or experience, you probably won't go very far. Management is more interested in maintaining the workforce than improving performance.

Spend more time trying to fit tasks and work with the right people. Proposals should have greater options included instead of having a bid-to-win mentality. Quality will not be achievable without sacrificing profits unless it is built into the proposal.

Left Aerojet, and never looking back..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Aerojet Rocketdyne full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ummm..none.
    Save the stress and work for another company.

Cons

Bad training was offered. The business environment is a complete mess. The management is old schooled and you fight for your raises. I was fresh out of school, and they threw me in the fire and watched me burn. Employees there only look out for themselves, "this job is a game, you have to find your competitors and knock them down." People kiss a-- all the time.
    Once you promote, they will give you a laptop and a cell phone but you will be on that laptop and cell phone day in and day out. You will be sitting on the beach in Hawaii and you will be replying to emails and answering your phone calls. I went through a high stress environment.
    Gladly I found a much better agency to work for, where I will stay for a while.
    Benefits are horrible. They seem to constantly take away the advantages and increase the deductible. You end up paying $90-$150 for a docs copay visit.
    Nothing about this company is good.

Get some younger managers. This is not 1940s anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Aerojet Rocketdyne