Its OK!

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Aerosoles

Pros

Great way to learns the in's and outs of retail

Cons

Pretty much everything, sales goals are insane.

Advice to Management

?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Initially seemed like a good place to work, but quickly lost my favor

Former Employee - Sales in Tannersville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Tannersville, PA

I worked at Aerosoles

Pros

*Good pay *Employees are taught to show customers respect and offer help *Generally flexible on hours

Cons

When first employed at an Aerosoles Outlet, I was impressed with the management staff, the friendly atmosphere, and the hours and pay. In a short time however, I began to notice what was going on behind the scenes. People were hired based mostly on appearance rather than ability. Each manager had a "favorite" employee that would somehow always have more hours than the rest. Though many of us were hard workers, because we did not fit the mold or become a "favorite" our hours were cut. When employees missed work for some reason and did not contact the store, they were contacted only if they were liked by the managers. Otherwise they were automatically fired. Visits from management only made it clearer that Aerosoles strives for perfection and whether you don't look the part or simply make an error in your work, your job is at stake. One of the store's supposed "values" is for you to directly address someone you have a problem with rather than sharing with others. This was the complete opposite in Aerosoles Outlet. Everyone talked about everyone else behind each other's back. Even the underhanded cutting of hours was another way of avoiding a face-to-face conversation. I can now say that I am happy to not work at Aerosoles anymore. They way they treat their employees is unacceptable.

Advice to Management

If you don't like the people you have employed, do us all a favor and just fire us to our face instead of cutting our hours and talking about us behind our backs.

Yeah..... Run for the hills...

Current Employee - Str Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Str Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Aerosoles

Pros

The company is great for advacement... mainly because they fire Str managers alot so there is an amazing room for growth. Time off was okie in the beginning, untill people tell you have to schedule a certain way. Too little payroll for anyone to keep up with the numbers they want. Not realistic with reality.

Cons

-Management has to work crazy hours for little salary pay. - insane high turn over. You are told to treat people a certain way then wonder why they quit.

Advice to Management

you need to look at your company. seriously you let go 5-7 str mgrs a week people dont talk?