Aerospace Corporation

www.aero.org
  www.aero.org
There are newer employer reviews for Aerospace Corporation

Was treated well, but at times had little direction

Former Employee - Intern in El Segundo, CA
Former Employee - Intern in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Aerospace Corporation

Pros

Excellent community. Lots of events and informational sessions available to employees. Employees tend to love their jobs and stay their for a very long time.

Cons

Can be difficult to break out of the bureaucracy, especially in lower-level positions

Check in with interns and get feedback from them to see how they're doing

89 Other Employee Reviews for Aerospace Corporation (View Most Recent)

Familial environment, healthy work/life balance, but also somewhat low-pressure

Former Employee - Associate Member of Technical Staff in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Associate Member of Technical Staff in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Aerospace Corporation

Pros

Very familial culture; employees seem to really value work-life balance and treat each other as more than just co-workers. When it came time to get the job done, I worked effectively with other engineers on the team. But when there was time to relax at lunch, it was always enjoyable to unwind with the team. I think there is an *effective* balance between work and life at the Aerospace Corporation.

The work *potentially* (see Cons) is very interesting and even as an intern, pay and benefits seemed to be above-average. Also, you are part of a historically important organization in the technical heritage of the U.S. that is respected by military and policymakers, if that appeals to you.

Cons

I said that the work is potentially interesting because I did not have a security clearance. The true application/purpose of my project was never disclosed to me, as a result. Aerospace Corporation seems to have a more "old-school" feel to it--more older engineers.

The future of space systems is highly uncertain at this time.

Need to create a more high-pressure, dynamic, work environment if you want to attract new graduates. Work/life balance is important, but you need to hold employees accountable for staying up-to-date with the latest technologies.

Awesome place to work, really good hours.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Aerospace Corporation

Pros

The Aerospace Corporation has really good management, and super flexible hours. Unlike most engineering companies, engineers at the Aerospace Corporation do not work long hours.

Cons

Because it is a Federally funded research and development center, there is not much room to grow in terms of the business side.

Keep doing a great job. The average employee age there is 55, so they are obviously doing something right, good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Aerospace Corporation