Opportunity?

Former Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no better way to jump start a recruiting career than by working with a nationally reknown staffing agency like Aerotek. Think of it as a recruiting boot camp. They have excellent training and there is opportunity if you are willing to work for it.

Cons

These are young offices and many of the senior employees in the company have never worked outside of Aerotek. Be ready to play the office politics if you want to move up in the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Recruiting Engineer

Former Employee - Rectruter - Engineering Division in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Rectruter - Engineering Division in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good job to have right out of college if you can stick it out for 1 year. Easy to get into. Started when I was 22. Good Resume starter It's a grind so you learn a lot. Taught me what I DON'T want to be as a manager/leader Taught me to not hang out with other employees

Cons

Young offices VERY political. They don't train the Account Managers on how to be LEADERS slave drivers low salary bad incentives working 50-60 hour work weeks with extremely low pay high turnover if you happen to get on a team with someone who has been there a while with high spread, chances are your spread will not grow. low spread = no bonus Dont care about employees A lot of unprofessional activity within the office

Advice to Management

Train the account managers on how to LEAD not be a slave driver Remove Alcohol from events to keep things profession have better Incentive recruiters. Making $32k a year working 60 hours work weeks is AWEFUL. CARE for your employees APPRECIATE your employees BE HONEST RESPECT your employees I lead a nursing home community and have been with my current company for 3 years making $104k/year PLUS bonuses. I have a great work life balance.

Get your training and leave

Current Employee - Account Recruiting Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Recruiting Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good Foundational training in recruiting -Found a job that paid me twice as much as Aerotek after a year in an internal recruiting function.

Cons

-Account Managers aren't trained on how to manage so try breaking people down into working harder. -Slave Drivers -Constant confrontation -Too many unnecessary meetings that take away from time spent on important things -Too Political - Hazing in the workplace isn't necessary -No accountability amongst the hire ranks, particularly demoted Account Managers and DBO's that have a lot of stock in the company. -Major attrition, if you have 1.5 years of tenure in the San Jose office you are a Senior Recruiter. -Allow age discrimination to occur with clients they support.

Advice to Management

Train your managers on how to manage. Change the DBO in this office. It's not working!