Aerotek

www.aerotek.com

Worst job I've ever had

Recruiter (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThere are two different types of reviews on here. 1: if you have worked as a contractor put to work by Aerotek (or were trying to get put to work by Aerotek). 2: if you worked AT Aerotek, most likely as a Recruiter or (if you got promoted) an Account Manager. This feedback is as a Recruiter who worked at Aerotek.

If you are a recent college grad and want to make friends, this is a great place to work if you like to drink and hang out with your coworkers.

ConsThis was by far the worst job I've ever had. They only hire recent college grads who love to play sports and want to advance quickly. Therefore, you have a culture of people with very little diversity in the types of personalities that work there.

Everyone would go to lunch together and happy hours together. Sure, this sounds fun when you're 21 (and don't have a spouse or significant other), but if you have someone you want to go home to, its pointed out who doesn't participate. And very frequently coworkers would show up hungover which was totally acceptable. If you aren't a drinker, you probably won't fit in.

Hours are long. You must be at your desk by 7:30am or you will be called out on it - by "kids" with like 6 months of work experience no less. Minimum you must be there until 5:30pm. Most people don't want to be the first to leave, so they don't leave until about 6pm at the earliest.

The culture doesn't hesitate to give you feedback in front of everyone at group meetings on a daily basis. This can be positive - but in the office I worked at - was mostly negative criticism. Again, its usually in front of everyone.

You work in teams...but can have your candidates easily stolen away from other Aerotek offices, or by your own team members. There are "rules" against this, but they aren't followed very closely.

Because young grads are the only ones hired, you get management that isn't experienced. They are typically very young (late 20's) who have no other baseline but the Aerotek juice. They don't always understand what is good or bad management behavior because they haven't seen any other management styles in an office environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with more experience.

Unprofessionalism in the recruiting process.

Purchasing (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros: Not applicable to this review Cons: They contacted me about a job opening in Charlotte, NC and have not responded to any of my phone calls or email message to the… Advice to Senior Management: Tell your local Charlotte office to staff with responsible individuals who are helpful and courteous without being phony or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Get ready to give up your personal life

Recruiter (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Aerotek full-time for more than a year

Pros: --Great place to learn recruiting processes --Commission on top of base pay --Frequent company events --Expense account --Your… Cons: The pros listed above are heavily outweighed by the cons --Zero work life balance, average hours are 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m; leave before 6:00 and… Advice to Senior Management: --Hold on to your employees (you hire GREAT people) by offering increased flexibility (perhaps the ability to work from home if needed), realistic goals (to… More
There are newer reviews on Aerotek.

Worked for Aerotek? Contribute to the Community!