Aerotek

There are newer employer reviews for Aerotek

Temporary Customer Service Representative Employee of Aerotek

Former Employee - Temp Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Temp Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Aerotek kept me busy with little down time.

Cons

One position was only suppose to go for approx. 6 months and turned into a 2 1/2 year position based on my performance. Was unable to get a pay raise during this time, no paid vacation or sick leave. I did however, after 2 years get paid holidays.

Make employees feel valued and important.

842 Other Employee Reviews for Aerotek (View Most Recent)

Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Culture. What I mean by this is that they hire people that fit in. It's easy to get along with your coworkers here, if you're hired.
    2. It's a good first job after college. Aerotek likes to take recent grads that were involved in sports, no matter what degree they have (marketing, art, history, etc). They want to be able to mold their workers into the Aerotek way of thinking.
    3. It instills a good work ethic and attention to detail. You learn to push yourself.
    4. In comparison to other staffing agencies, Aerotek is elite. They charge their clients more than others, but deliver a better product. Recruiting is a grind, but from what I've seen it's better here at Aerotek than other agencies.
    5. It's a good chance to get into sales.

Cons

1. The Hours & Worklife Balance. They are open M-F 8am-5pm, but you are really showing up to work at 7:30 am everyday. Any later and you attract the wrong kind of attention. Management expects you to stay later than 5pm. Most people don't leave until after 6:00pm. If you don't adhere to these guidelines, you had better have a good explanation as to why you're lacking motivation and not really trying. If you complain about it, then you risk being let go.

Also, your team will probably go on many happy hours or outings after work. It sounds fun at first, but nothing is fun when it seems mandatory. If you decide to leave early to go home for whatever reason (to take care of kids, be with a significant other, go workout at the gym, etc) you will be questioned as to why you're not spending time with your team and if you're really serious about working at Aerotek...

2. Micromanagement by management with unrealistic expectations. You are expected to make 40-50 calls/day, make 2-3 interviews a day, perform so many reference checks on a candidate and have 2-3 submittals per req. This is the standard and management expects no less. Even if you have nothing to work on, you are still expected to stay till 6pm and do proactive recruiting. In a perfect world, this would be easy. However, how often do we have perfect days at work? It's alot of work and it never gets easier.

3. Your success can be dependent on other people. This is an up and down business. You can do a lot of work sometimes, only to see no reward because your candidate accepted another job offer, or your manager didn't qualify the position he was having you fill, etc.. You have to be an outgoing person with a relentless drive to do this job. Sometimes you must be ruthless or make unethical decisions to get ahead.

4. Low base salary. The commission is uncapped (which is good), but it takes alot of work. It can be very frustrating.

5. Limited training available. They talked about all the training I would go through in the interview I had with them, but I haven't received hardly any at all.

6. Benefits. These could be better. $1200 deductible is not fun to pay.

**Recruiting is a grind and it's not for everyone. That said, I've enjoyed the people I've worked with. I've been at Aerotek for 2 years and will be leaving for the military later this year.

Hire more experienced employees. Offer more training. Offer higher salary or better commision percentages. The people that work under you are "people" not machines.

A mess

Former Employee - Data Entry in Hartland, WI
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Hartland, WI

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

my recruiter was nice enough.

Cons

My recruiter called me entirely way too much and sometimes at 7 a.m. Talk to me at times like I was a child.

There are newer employer reviews for Aerotek